free website stats program Bike misses and stumbles | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike misses and stumbles

OP said the regulator was in the tank so that tells me it's a Delph. I don't know I'm confused now!

Confused? You, Me, the OP & the guy at HD :D

Maybe your wonderful brother could post up the fuel pump assembly for 2001!
I wouldn't think the Mocco would put two regulators on.

Seems there is a M-M induction and Delphi style fuel pump assembly on the bike. Just because there are two regulators doesn't mean it is a problem. The million dollar question still is, are bubbles normal with the M-M system with the return line? If so, we're fishin' the wrong pond.

I am confused. I have owned this bike 6 mos. this problem has continued to get worse to the point I can no longer ride more than a few miles. The one common thing is the weather is getting warmer where I ride.

I would check the crank position sensor (CKP). They are a known culprit.
Do a search here. Lots with similar to yours.

Hang in there.

I am new to this site, so thanks for all the help! I have a 2001 RK with fuel injection, the bike has about 70000 miles. I bought the bike 6 months ago and noticed after about 30 miles a slight miss or stutter, cleared up but would notice occasionally it would reappear. This normally happened after the bike was warm, now it runs great for about 5 minutes and starts missing again. There are no mods, fuel filter and pump changed just before I bought it, plugs look good, no codes. Tried testing the intake with WD40 and didn't seem to have any leak. This problem is getting worse to the point I can't ride! Any suggestions?

^^^I forgot that^^^^

Why did previous owner change it? Did they put the correct assembly in?

AND I asked you before about the missing hose clamp, was it after the regulator housing (#19 in post #23)?

^^^I forgot that^^^^

Why did previous owner change it? Did they put the correct assembly in?

AND I asked you before about the missing hose clamp, was it after the regulator housing (#19 in post #23)?

Changing the pump and filter with only 7000 miles is a little suspicious to me. I'm with you stray dog, was it the correct unit and was it done correctly? We may be barking up the wrong tree but the bubbling in the tank would concern me.

Confused? You, Me, the OP & the guy at HD :D

Maybe your wonderful brother could post up the fuel pump assembly for 2001!
I wouldn't think the Mocco would put two regulators on.

Seems there is a M-M induction and Delphi style fuel pump assembly on the bike. Just because there are two regulators doesn't mean it is a problem. The million dollar question still is, are bubbles normal with the M-M system with the return line? If so, we're fishin' the wrong pond.

HD01FLHTC057.gif

Here is an 01 fuel pump

The pump was changed at 70000, bad fuel he thought but changed to be sure. The hose clamp was my mistake, it was the return line that was unhooked.
WAP.gif

There is a vacuum line on the regulator at the M-M induction, check for vacuum and leaks there.

Again, do the wiggle test on the injector wires....I too thought bad gas when it happened to me and it can be intermittent.

This could be a CKP going south also, this may also have been an intermittent problem getting worse.

Maybe it is an injector issue, but I would like to know what the fuel pressure is after the regulator at the M-M induction (fuel rail pressure).
When this is missing/stumbling for a while, are the plugs wetish or dry to the bone?

I've also had rub areas on plug wires, carefully check.

A compression test, just to rule that out may be a good idea at this point..??

Good luck & hang in there.

There is a vacuum line on the regulator at the M-M induction, check for vacuum and leaks there.

Again, do the wiggle test on the injector wires....I too thought bad gas when it happened to me and it can be intermittent.

This could be a CKP going south also, this may also have been an intermittent problem getting worse.

Maybe it is an injector issue, but I would like to know what the fuel pressure is after the regulator at the M-M induction (fuel rail pressure).
When this is missing/stumbling for a while, are the plugs wetish or dry to the bone?

I've also had rub areas on plug wires, carefully check.

A compression test, just to rule that out may be a good idea at this point..??

Good luck & hang in there.

I have done the wiggle test on the injector wires, didn't notice a change.

Plugs are dry as a bone.

Not sure how I would check the fuel pressure myself!

Previous owner changed the CKP several years ago.

Back