free website stats program Bike Lift which one? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift which one?

Got the Torin - 'Big Red' from Pep-Boys (I think) $65. Just a simple hydraulic pump lift. Works fine me when servicing/washing the Heritage. No under frame 'spacers' needed.

Gary A.

Last edited:
Thankyou Steve for the tip on the adaptor plate and the shocks, I have had a lift for several months now and its still in the box. Another winter time project to build an adaptor plate from lift to the frame tubes I guess is best eh.

I was wondering if the 30 to 33 inches is high enough or should a guy go to the lift that goes to 40 inches?

I was wondering if the 30 to 33 inches is high enough or should a guy go to the lift that goes to 40 inches?

I'd say it depends on your height & what type of wrenching you plan to accomplish. Definitely don't want a short lift when working major mods b/c you'll be hunched all day & straining the back. I'm sure some of the forums seasoned tech experts can chime in b/c it's their forte...

Thanks NEWHD!!!... I tell ya what, being able to wrench and walk around when the bike is up in the air is sooooo much easier!

Geezer... I agree with Iceman24 in the height is specific to what your wrenchin'.

The lift I posted (which is in my home garage) goes from ground level up to having the air cleaner cover at
about 55 3/4". It also has about six different lower levels that it can lock at, taking the weight of the table and the bike off the guts of the lift.

The lift came with the adjustable chock, jack, and a rear drop out panel allowing the rear tire to drop down when needed.

hi
i bought a snap-on lift and bench both are quality products and do the job professionally, they`r not cheap, but you gets wot you pays for.

Anyone have any experience of Big Red or Big Blue Easy Rizer??

Eazy Rizer Big Blue Motorcycle Lift

Very expensive but they look good.....:newsmile047:

CedarBrook63, did you find a lift or checked out if there is a local wholesale tool outlet like Harbor Freight in the UK? The Sportster (like your 883/1200 "breathed on one") is about 600 lbs wet, easily lifted securely by the yellow one at a pretty descent price...

DSCN0823.jpg

Priced right (in the US with "coupon" discount is $59 USD).

Last edited:
Back