free website stats program Bike Lift which one? | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift which one?

I have a Sears Bike/ATV lift/dolly and am happy with it. Mine is the red one and costs around $95.

If you are lifting a softail you should consider buying a frame guard (sold at most HD dealerships). The guard slips over the frame and is designed to keep the lift from contacting the bike's shock obsorbers. Driving the rear wheel of the bike on a piece of 2X8 lumber will raise the frame high enough to get the lift under the bike with the guards installed.

I am thinking about a lift so I can do some of my own work. What lift are you using out there?

I use the J&S jack. No straps. Watch the video on their webiste. Great American made quality materials and craftmanship. :cheers

I've been using the Yellow one from Sears for about a year now for both the Fat Boy and my wifes Vulcan - works great, no complaints.

Just bought one from Harbor Frieght for 75 bucks and it works great. Lifted high enough top get the rear tire out no problem. I think I'll use it to detail the bike as it's easier to get to both sides when it's upright.

I bought a bike lift for about $85, but it in Poland. The lift comes from German manufacturer (it has TUV - it's German certificate) but there is also a sticker - Made in China. Whatever, it works really good. It's perfect for softail.
Here is a picture of my bike on this lift. You can easyli move a bike because it has wheels. I'm sure that the same lifts you can buy on e-bay.

Piotr

Sorry, there is a picture of bike on the lift:

Bike on Lift

Piotr

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the J&S jack a month or so ago. Very impressed. Almost got the sears yellow and I've used the harbor freight model and it worked ok. The J&S is very impressive. You feel much better when it's up in the air.

Back