free website stats program Big News!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Big News!!!!!

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Ah-hmmm......In case some of you may have missed the recent change of my avatar and profile, I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Road King! Woot Woot! The bike has 13,000 miles on it, and was owned by a 77 year old guy who just decided it was time to get out of biking. He sold me everything he had that pertained to the bike. I haven't even had the time to go through the 'stuff' yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that too, I'm so excited, my head is spinning with all I want to do with the bike.

RKPix.jpg

RK2.jpg

This bike is the first bike I have ridden that is completely stock as far as the mechanics go. (believe it or not, I really like that) The man that owned it put the money in 'comfort' extras, and for me, I would rather spend my money on the mechanics before the comforts, so, after all the years I have reading here, I get to apply some of my knowledge, and I'm sure have tons of fun tinkering again. I can't wait to get started. :D

I didn't want to say much until I had the new ride in my possession, I didn't want to jinx anything. :s

I have only rode the bike about 3 miles, but all of a sudden, everything I have read here about the heat, the vibrations , and of course, the comfort. At this point, all I can say is 'WOW'! I can't wait to rack up the miles and start tinkering.

Actually, when I put the deuce up for sale, I didn't have the new ride yet, I wasn't worried about that too much, because my husband & I had a plan, but now we have a garage that is exploding with Joyz Toyz, so now I really want the deuce out of there. :s After 3 miles on 'The King', I realize the deuce will not get the love and attention that she deserves and she really needs to go to a good home and provide someone else with the fun and enjoyment that I have experienced over the last 5 years. I will never see a deuce again without some fond memory of my orange & cream dreamscicle coming to my mind.

Not only was the deuce my first Harley, it was a major part in a new phase of my life, (I rode that bike to our wedding) it is time to move on. :s

I will take bunches and bunches of pictures and you will all probably get tired of hearing me say, 'this week, I did this to the Road King'. :D

So now, I'm off to peruse the HD catalog. :D :D

Congratulations Joy, I am sure you will have many miles of fun from this machine, Ride safe
Ken

Calling it the "SPOILED BRAT" should do nicely on your Glider look-a-like and MY colors on the 09 King...

Woman,,,, Is that a nice find..... Could not have thought a better BETTER Bike for you..

Congrats and I hope the Name sticks for the bike OR YOU...:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

Congrats on the new steed Joy. May you make many miles of smiles upon it.
I noticed your avatar changed but figured you were to busy riding the King to explain.
Thanks for the update. I have found that completely stock is not so bad. :s
Like the saying says...."Some day you will own a Bagger"
"ENJOY"

Congratulations on your new ride. She looks sweet or is it a he if it's a King? Have a ball making you're own and keep us posted on your tinkering. We won't be bored.

Calling it the "SPOILED BRAT" should do nicely on your Glider look-a-like and MY colors on the 09 King...

Woman,,,, Is that a nice find..... Could not have thought a better BETTER Bike for you..

Congrats and I hope the Name sticks for the bike OR YOU...:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

Congratulations on your new ride. She looks sweet or is it a he if it's a King? Have a ball making you're own and keep us posted on your tinkering. We won't be bored.

Thank you all! I'm pretty excited....your lucky I even used punctuation and ll...:D

Bubbie, I like the name 'SPOILED BRAT'. What is really funny, is my mother used those exact words to me the other night. :lolrolling

I may have to go with that!

Geezer, one of the guys I work with called the deuce, 'The Princess', I kidded around and called it that too, but that was all in jest for the most part, but 'The Princess' just doesn't seem right for the king there, but SPOILED BRAT on the other hand may be just right. :D

IMG_1801.jpg

Mom may be right.....:swoon

Congratulations on the new Joy Toy! We won't get tired of seeing your pictures and reading your posts. And of course, we are more than happy to help you spend money on it. :newsmile093:

I think you should keep Princess. You've got the room and I'm sure you would miss her. :(

Back