free website stats program Automatic Chain Tensioner Adjustment | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Automatic Chain Tensioner Adjustment

Just tried this after riding the past year with marbels in the primary. Runs and sounds like new. Thanks for posting this tip

So easy to try ... My English is not so good as to describe the sound that comes from my bike, 2007 FLSTC, probably from the primary as it has been openedcto change the stator. I believe I can test the solution in my bike (>2007) so I will try it tomorrow. Holding the line.
WAP.gif

Mr. Data ,
Thank you so much for your suggestion on tightening primary chain. My 2008 Electra Glide with 14,500 miles has been getting very loud. This past week I stumbled on thread and tried it. Went 400 miles today and hardly any noise at all. You have helped make my bike much more enjoyable!
Thanks dbmg

Thanks for posting the outcome here. It does work, I have done it a couple of times when the chain gets a bit noisy.

NOW you can see why Mr. Data Will be MISSED.. All these Good Tips!

signed....BUBBIE :(

Never going to be able to duplicate what he has done here , The self help section would be all but empty without him, Take a look :s

Back