free website stats program Automatic Chain Tensioner Adjustment | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Automatic Chain Tensioner Adjustment

You don't want to lock the wheel up but stop pretty fast just with the rear wheel and squeeze the clutch before stalling the engine.

i have the 09 fatbob.....great bike but the primary is louder than the exhaust, at lower rmp in 3rd or 4th gear its just banging,the dealer told me the same thing...its just harley's way of doing things? whatever that meant? its has the self adjusting tensioner but is there a way to eliminate this? i just want it fixed.......any ideas?????

It shouldn't be that loud so you can hear it, have them open it up and check it. If they refuse, call customer relations. Too many dealers pulling this sort of thing.

It shouldn't be that loud so you can hear it, have them open it up and check it. If they refuse, call customer relations. Too many dealers pulling this sort of thing.

thanks...i tried your method plus i did a clutch adjustment and it seemed to quiet a little bit,but i still think im going to take it in, but either way thanks for all the help. much appreciated!!!!

Stumbled accross this post looking for something else. My 09 ultra is making a tappet sounding noise but I noticed it was not getting slower and faster as rpm's changed. Always thought it slounded like it was coming from the primary. Now I know it is. Funny HD doesn't mention some of these things in either the owners manual or service manual that I could find. Thanks for the info. It's great stuff.

Back