free website stats program 883L - 2 up or not 2 up? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

883L - 2 up or not 2 up?

Yes a lowerd bike can go on the same roads but a bit slower and a bit more care needs to be taken in the bends
i have a softail custom for cruising but if i want to push a bike a wee bit harder then i use the sportster cos it handles much better
Depends on my mood and the weather sometimes i do feel like i want to push a bike to its limits just for exileration of it

Brian

Wife and I rode 2 up on my 2005 883 for 2 years until we got the 2007 Heritage. Had a blast on the sporty. Rides up to 150 miles each way. Of course no comparison to a Heritage. Ride safe and enjoy.

Hi Rawldy

I put the HD heavy duty shcocks on the back and have them set about 1/2 way - going to adjust them a little higher this week. With the schocks, a sundowner seat and a backrest we 2 up alot HOWEVER most of the rides are about 3 hours .... mostly due to other issues

My wife and I both think we need a larger bike for "touring" cross country but for now, while we save and look for a larger bike - we two up on the Sportser 883L

I think you'll be fine. I've been riding for 25 years 2 up most of them and on bikes with a lighter frame and a whole lot smaller engine than the 883.
Don't think Harley would sell a bike with a pillion pad if it wasn't suited for 2 up riding.

Hear what you're saying guys but upgrade not on for the present due to the times. Anyway, thing is, we'd only be going short rides - not long trips. We're both small in stature (I'm 160lbs, she's about 130lbs) so I hope if I can get something sorted with the shocks (which I'm told is a must) we'll give it a go.

"Short trips" is the key phrase here. Make sure your shocks are notched all the way up and go enjoy yourselves. You'll be upgrading soon enough. :s

Back