free website stats program 2014 Touring ??? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Touring ???

Cylinders are not water cooled, heads only; cool the heads, cool the oil. Look far water cooled Trikes as well. Maybe no more 96" motors, all 103" except CVOs still 110". As was previously posted, no doubt the intro of the new Indian is a factor in the MoCo's decisions for the 2014 model year.
WAP.gif

Time to start a thread on synthetic vs. natural water.

Cylinders are not water cooled, heads only; cool the heads, cool the oil. Look far water cooled Trikes as well. Maybe no more 96" motors, all 103" except CVOs still 110". As was previously posted, no doubt the intro of the new Indian is a factor in the MoCo's decisions for the 2014 model year.

Possible the Indians are a factor, but I think EPA wants Harley to make it leaner, meaning hotter, and people are already complaining about the heat these things put out. They had no choice but to go to water cooling of some sorts. Look for them all to be like that in the next few years.

So I wonder what a coolant flush is going to cost or are they going to use lifetime coolant like in cars????????????
And I wonder if the color will be black and orange?????

So I wonder what a coolant flush is going to cost or are they going to use lifetime coolant like in cars????????????
And I wonder if the color will be black and orange?????

Coolant flush!! That just doesn't sound like a Harley. Gonna take some getting used to. I will say this, my bro rides a Goldwing and seems excited about the new HDs. He wants to go check them out..

Coolant flush!! That just doesn't sound like a Harley. Gonna take some getting used to. I will say this, my bro rides a Goldwing and seems excited about the new HDs. He wants to go check them out..

I wonder with the difference of the new fairing, the center vent and the smoothness of new gauges and dash and with the addition of a glove box, and the big nav screen center of dash, if there is some Gold Wing thought in the new Harley ?????? Now that the Wings are a few more sheckles than a Ultra maybe some Wingers will become Hog riders.....

I wonder with the difference of the new fairing, the center vent and the smoothness of new gauges and dash and with the addition of a glove box, and the big nav screen center of dash, if there is some Gold Wing thought in the new Harley ?????? Now that the Wings are a few more sheckles than a Ultra maybe some Wingers will become Hog riders.....

Possibly, I believe the Victory Vision has drawn some Wingers. As for my bro, he really prefers a water cooled bike and, while the new fairing/gauges/and dash are nice, without the water cooled aspect he would not be looking.

He's not an HD basher, matter of fact likes the bikes.

Ok, just got back from looking at the brand new Ultra Limiteds. Very sweet. Amber whiskey & black is my favorite color for what's available. I would have bought one on the spot, but they offered me 10 grand less for my trade in than what I just paid for it back in October. I've really enjoyed this bike, but I sure didn't get no 10 grand worth of excitement out of her just yet. Only have 8,500 miles on her too. Called the dealer in Waco that I bought her from and they're gonna make me a better deal. Will have to wait until tomorrow to find out exactly what a "better deal" really is.
And by the way, they really are water cooled heads. Radiators in the lowers with little plastic bottle of orange looking anti-freeze. The touch screen is cool, but looks like it will probably go out eventually. Extended warranty here we come!!!!! :D

Ok, just got back from looking at the brand new Ultra Limiteds. Very sweet. Amber whiskey & black is my favorite color for what's available. I would have bought one on the spot, but they offered me 10 grand less for my trade in than what I just paid for it back in October. I've really enjoyed this bike, but I sure didn't get no 10 grand worth of excitement out of her just yet. Only have 8,500 miles on her too. Called the dealer in Waco that I bought her from and they're gonna make me a better deal. Will have to wait until tomorrow to find out exactly what a "better deal" really is.
And by the way, they really are water cooled heads. Radiators in the lowers with little plastic bottle of orange looking anti-freeze. The touch screen is cool, but looks like it will probably go out eventually. Extended warranty here we come!!!!! :D
:s Don't leave the dealer with out the ESP
My NEW engine cost 50.00 thanks to ESP:s

Back