free website stats program 2014 Touring ??? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Touring ???

Ok, just got back from looking at the brand new Ultra Limiteds. Very sweet. Amber whiskey & black is my favorite color for what's available. I would have bought one on the spot, but they offered me 10 grand less for my trade in than what I just paid for it back in October. I've really enjoyed this bike, but I sure didn't get no 10 grand worth of excitement out of her just yet. Only have 8,500 miles on her too. Called the dealer in Waco that I bought her from and they're gonna make me a better deal. Will have to wait until tomorrow to find out exactly what a "better deal" really is.
And by the way, they really are water cooled heads. Radiators in the lowers with little plastic bottle of orange looking anti-freeze. The touch screen is cool, but looks like it will probably go out eventually. Extended warranty here we come!!!!! :D

Wow!! They must be nice. Did you get a chance to ride one? Glad to finally get confirmation on the water cooled heads, wish you'd a done that sooner.

Wow!! They must be nice. Did you get a chance to ride one? Glad to finally get confirmation on the water cooled heads, wish you'd a done that sooner.

I would have done it sooner but they just got them in yesterday. :p Couldn't even ride one. They're still putting them all together. None on the showroom floor yet, but the salesman took me in the shop to show me. They still have a lot of brand new 2013's for sale for almost the same price as the 2014's.
A few things I noticed about the new ones...... cruise control is on the left side. Joystick on the right side where the cruise control used to be. Not sure what that's for, but maybe you can play video games on the big screen right in front of you while riding 80 mph down the freeway. Touch screen navigation and it talks to you. Much better stereo. Sleaker tour pak, but they say it holds more. No lock on the gas, just push the button. Not crazy about that. You can open the saddle bags and tour pak with one hand, which is convenient and they should have done that a while back. Passenger seat is adjustable, forward or back. The vent in the fairing looks weird, but probably a good feature, but it's either all the way open or all the way closed. No in between. Nice chrome strips between the saddle bags and rear fenders. Nice wheels. High flow a/c comes standard. Bigger cams but no one there knew what cams they are. The salesmen there know absolutely nothing about these bikes yet. They said they had no training or nothing on them, but they do know how to impress you by turning the stereo up really loud or playing with the touch screen thing. Hey, I learned where the closest gas station is, which could come in handy somewhere down the road :D

Forgot to mention the daymaker headlights are also standard on the Ultra Limited. Not sure about the other models. I was only interested in the Ultra's.

Has anyone heard what is coming out for for 2014 touring bikes ? I'm curious to see if anything is different.
I just bought a 14 ultra yesterday. more comfortable then my 08. lots more power with the 103. hydrolic clutch. touch screen. four gauges on the dash. u.b.s port. vent in the front feering. bigger seat. one latch on the trip pack, and saddle bags. l.e.d headlights, and tail lights. it also has an oil cooler on it. the limited is water cooled. the radiator is in the bottom legs on the ferring. max temp on the bike is 160 with ti being water cooled. so far, again, it is a luxary bike on 2 wheels

I just bought a 14 ultra yesterday. more comfortable then my 08. lots more power with the 103. hydrolic clutch. touch screen. four gauges on the dash. u.b.s port. vent in the front feering. bigger seat. one latch on the trip pack, and saddle bags. l.e.d headlights, and tail lights. it also has an oil cooler on it. the limited is water cooled. the radiator is in the bottom legs on the ferring. max temp on the bike is 160 with ti being water cooled. so far, again, it is a luxary bike on 2 wheels

So, you got an Ultra Classic and not an Ultra Limited??? I'm assuming so because you said yours has an oil cooler on it and is not twin cooled. Just curious why you picked the Classic over the Limited??? And congrats on the new scoot :D

Really like the looks and features of the 14's. Thought about it real hard for about 10 minutes, but I'm better now. Decided I really like my bike better about the same time I saw the price of the new ones.

Back