free website stats program 2010 Victory Cross Country | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Victory Cross Country

wonder if fuji heavy engine makes there engines they used to and still might the 4 wheelers and snowmobiles
dunno. its a v twin, also has an oil coler, so it is definately modern technology, should run good. i just wonder if their hp and torque numbers are at the crank.. if they are at the wheel then it is one healthy engine

I give up is it trying to be a Honda, harley or other metric. Or the next ride in the return or buck rogers movie.Looks like thet tried to mix the Rg in too.
looks like something arlen ness is trying to pawn off.
i would use the words new school if i had to describe the shape. the motors are made by victory themselves, fuji is the snowmobiles, anyhow it has its own shape, definately doesnt have the cool factor of the hd, the heads are like a hemmy, 4 valves per cylinder, so i would say with the fairing and bags its copying harley, the drive train is its own, at least its american made here, i would say they are treading their own path.:33: i am still happy with the choice i made

OK...I understand loyalty. HD has been the long time champion of the mc world...but...times change. I've owned and ridden HD bikes a long time, but I stopped believing all the hype when I actually took a good look at what other bikes had to offer. These new Victory bikes are awesome...they look great and have a bullet proof mil that produces more torque and power than HD...unless of course you have a VRod or the Screaming Eagle. These are not copies...they are variations of a theme. Come on now...saddlebags, fairings, etc...how different do you have to be before the stop calling you a wanna be? Victory bags are bigger and much easier to open, close, remove and replace. The 106 is more powerful than HD's 96. The fairing on the Cross Country doesn't even come close to looking like the familiar batwing. Victory's fairing actually has style and technology incorporated into it's design. The dials on the display are much easier to read and give a cleaner look.

Now...the whole thing about being metric or SAE...lol well, it's just stupid. The unit by which the parts are described makes no difference to the bikes operation. Otherwise...none of the HD faithful would have bought a VRod because it is metric as well...and we've all seen plenty of VRods running around.

The fact that Victory makes a quality bike equal to or greater to HD will have a positive effect for HD down the road. It means HD will have to keep up in order to compete. They have the new 103 that is standard on the Limited...but the motor falls short with little percieved gain in power. So...tweak the 103 and make it the standard powerplant for all the SoftTails and Touring models. Save the 96's for the Dyna's, or...just do away with the 96's.

HD will always have the Lion's share of the market and they don't have to worry about Victory or anyone else putting them out of business. The only thing HD has to worry about is stagnation. In a competitive market, stagnation is death.

Oh...and for the people that equate Victory to Honda...way off base. Victory is more American made than HD now...

Well said smokey. If we all liked the same thing what a boring and expensive world it would be. Competition makes everything better.

Coyote Ugly!! IMHO! I am sure a lot of people think my FXE is ugly. Different strokes for different folks!

looks like victory has these in stock now. im gonna stop in tomorrow and get some real world photos of these spaceships:D

dealersite%2Fimages%2Fbairsinc%2Fvp1456471_2_large.jpg

here is the road king wannabe

dealersite%2Fimages%2Fbairsinc%2Fvp1456471_3_large.jpg

Gentlemen, Gentlemen,
Motorcycles, I have found, are very much like cigars. Everyone has a favorite brand.....some like maduros...some like connecticut shades, but nontheless, they like to smoke. Each person has their own taste. I like retro and leather bags with whitewalls, so I got a Heritage. No ONE person is right or wrong on an opinion of a bike...its what you like....ride safe

Mother said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. :newsmile040:

Well, I like the long floorboards. :bigsmiley12:

And, it's not as ugly as their Vision. :lero

But, it still looks like something Judge Dredd would ride. :mgun

I'll stick to my Road Glide, thank you very much.

Back