free website stats program 2010 Ultra ABS brake lever feel? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra ABS brake lever feel?

Hobbit thats thats the problem every once in awhile the lever does make it to the Bar. And everyday it is different. One day it is decent and the next it is bad.
Once that lever went to to the bar that changed everything! Stopping with only rear brakes could be next and that could be disastrous in the right circumstances. Go over their heads if you have to 'cause those brakes (''Could cause serious injury or death"). Point out all those stickers on the bike and tell them it's missing one as your video camera records the conversation.

Shouldn't matter according to the HD manual the only way to bleed them is with the tech tool from hd so there shouldnt be a chance of air according to them ..

10/4 on the Tech Tool. That's what I wanted to know. I thought maybe/somehow the tech just bled the system as if it was non-abs. That's what I was driving at when I asked Joe if he saw them bleed the system.

May sound far fetched but I have seen a lot worse (not at HD dealerships) in the auto service bays.
Tks

10/4 on the Tech Tool. That's what I wanted to know. I thought maybe/somehow the tech just bled the system as if it was non-abs. That's what I was driving at when I asked Joe if he saw them bleed the system.

May sound far fetched but I have seen a lot worse (not at HD dealerships) in the auto service bays.
Tks

So have i and that was only info really in the manual about abs .. they basically say replace pump and that it doesnt go into the workings at all

I have one of the early 09 Ultra's. I had the download / upgrade on my anti lock brakes done. They engaged earlier than I liked originally, but the download fixed that problem. I love them and have no issues at all. Never did feel "soft". :s

My lever seems to travel more than my wifes non ABS Ultra, but the lever doesn't feel soft or spongy. I had never ridden a bike with ABS before and it is an awesome feature-can really notice it this time of year with all the sand still on the roads.

Took me about 2,000 Miles to truly get the feel of ABS Brakes on the 09 Ultra .. After 40 years of riding without them .. Now even though doubt buy another Bike wouldn't get one without ABS .. Found this a good read though on what to watch out for.. Only thing might add is Have you tried it with the ABS Fuse pulled and notice any difference??
No I have not but that is a good Idea.

I Have a 2010 Ultra Classic with ABS. So far no problems with the brakes front or rear. Front brake moves about 3/4 of an inch at the most before
it starts stoping.

still trying to get used to these brakes while switching between bikes. these things will stop a bike. no issues in 1600 mi. only been into abs 1 time couple weeks back. works fine, fails safe. doesn't feel spongy or excessive stroke to lock up.

The service manual says if the brakes feel spongy bleed them. Since you have been that route. I am guessing master cylinder. Take it in for warrenty

I just bought an 010 Ultra Limited.

I was going to start a thread on this same issue. The front brake lever is really easy to pull and pulls in much further than my 09 Road King. It freaked me out at first but it stops on a dime. After my break in ride and a ride the next day, I got used to it. It's still "soft". I didn't ask the dealer about it yet as I just picked it up this past Saturday and I have to work (to pay for these toys - whoops, I mean serious machines).

I have a long Chapter ride this Saturday and I'll have the dealer look at it when I get back into town Saturday afternoon. She'll be nice and broke in for our ride to Laughlin! I hope the front brake isn't an issue.

Back