free website stats program 2010 Ultra ABS brake lever feel? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra ABS brake lever feel?

Joe2007ultra

Hi all. The Brake lever feel is still an issue. After 3 trips to the dealer the front brake lever has way to much travel and is soft. I have been to 3 dealers and have pulled the lever on 20 new Ultras on the showroom floors and my front brake has never been as firm as they are.

My question is How many Ultra ABS guys out there have a soft front brake lever ? Have you been able to fix it? or are we going to have to live with as the dealers say it works the way it is supposed to?

Just curious what you guys are seeing out there? Not impressed with the ABS and Brembro Brakes. Actually should have bought the Non ABS Ultra.

Thanks Hobbit. I have had the brakes bleed 3 times the Calipers removed and inspected. Still brake lever is soft. I wouldnt be complaining but have pulled to many new showroom floor 2010 front brake levers and mine is half as firm and travels 25% farther

try and get um to replace master cylinder call it a safety issue.. should be soggy .. i dont have a ultra but the handle on my 08 rkc with abs is firm

Hobbit thats thats the problem every once in awhile the lever does make it to the Bar. And everyday it is different. One day it is decent and the next it is bad.

This sounds as if the master cylinder is bad. If the lever is good sometimes and goes to the grips at other times, the fluid may be bypassing the seals in the master cylinder causing it to feel mushy. This is a safety issue and I would have them replace it. Stand firm and get a new, this is dangerous.

I have been to 3 dealers and have pulled the lever on 20 new Ultras on the showroom floors and my front brake has never been as firm as they are.

When you compare yours to ones on showroom floor, are the ones on the floor equipped with ABS.
Would you know if the ABS modular block has electrical solenoids in it to modulate the brake fluid?
By chance have you been able to watch the dealership bleed your ABS brake system.

When you compare yours to ones on showroom floor, are the ones on the floor equipped with ABS.
Would you know if the ABS modular block has electrical solenoids in it to modulate the brake fluid?
By chance have you been able to watch the dealership bleed your ABS brake system.
hoople. I always check to see if the the bikes in the showroom have ABS. I know the non abs bikes have a much firmer lever.

Back