free website stats program 2010 Ultra ABS brake lever feel? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra ABS brake lever feel?

do you not have the lemon law in your state? if so ask for a new bike brake failure is not good and if the ABS is at fault then that at a bare min needs replacing
Yes Hobbit we do thats why I keep takeing it back. Sooner or later I am either going to get it fixed or will file for a lemon law replacement

hoople. I always check to see if the the bikes in the showroom have ABS. I know the non abs bikes have a much firmer lever.

I understand. Just making sure we are comparing apples to apples. I have not looked at an ABS service manual. Would you happen to know if the modulator has electric gate valves in it. Getting the air out of a modulator can be tricky.

I understand. Just making sure we are comparing apples to apples. I have not looked at an ABS service manual. Would you happen to know if the modulator has electric gate valves in it. Getting the air out of a modulator can be tricky.
Dont know if they are gate valves or solinoides.

Shouldn't matter according to the HD manual the only way to bleed them is with the tech tool from hd so there shouldnt be a chance of air according to them ..

Fill and bleed brake systems. See 1.14 BLEEDING
BRAKES.
NOTE
For best results, use the BASIC VACUUM BRAKE
BLEEDER (Part No. Snap-On BB200A) or equivalent tool.
11. To confirm that brake systems are properly connected,
install master cylinder reservoir covers, connect motorcycle
to DIGITAL TECHNICIAN II (Part No. HD-48650) and
perform "ABS Service" procedure in the "Toolbox" menu.
12. Repeat step 10 if brakes feel spongy.

Not a pro here but I might try taking a look at the brake line hoses to see if theres a soft spot somewhere, I once saw on a hydraulic clutch in a car a bad hydraulic hose and when you pressed the clutch you could see the line balloon out just a little and it made a huge difference on the travel of the clutch after it was replaced.

Not a pro here but I might try taking a look at the brake line hoses to see if theres a soft spot somewhere, I once saw on a hydraulic clutch in a car a bad hydraulic hose and when you pressed the clutch you could see the line balloon out just a little and it made a huge difference on the travel of the clutch after it was replaced.
Thanks , I will look.
Also will let you guys know what the problem is in the end and what fixed it

I have ABS and a firm front brake. Have you called H-D and logged a complaint? I would get a District Manager involved. Are you near any other dealers that you could try? Don't settle for a mushy front brake. Good luck!

Back