free website stats program 2010 Throttle Lag on Cruise | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Throttle Lag on Cruise

rebel1

Just got back from the first real ride on my 2010 Electra Glide Classic. I have a question about the "throttle by wire" system. When I have the cruise control set, and I want to increase my speed to pass, the throttle has to turn about 3/4 inch before it accelerates any! Is this NORMAL? Any info will be appreciated, before I call the dealer on tuesday.
Thanks
Bob

Sorry. I thought someone said that 08 was a combined system with TBW and a cable for the cruise????? I didn't see how that would work, so the question. Mine actually feels like I drop a slight amount of rpm before I get to where it starts accellerating. Do you know if they can reprogram or change anything to help?
Bob

nope there are no cables on the 08 .. they should be able to do something for ya.. maybe 1/8th at the most of a dead spot when on cruise and i roll on if even that .. yes it is different than when not using cruise

Trying to remember but someone posted about a download from the dealer for a problem , maybe this was it. I can't remember the issue or I would get it in a search for you.

theres one for high idle on the tbw but havent heard of a dl for cruise problems

Back