free website stats program 2010 Throttle Lag on Cruise | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Throttle Lag on Cruise

Did I note that if the incline is much at all, I can twist the throttle to full throttle and it will not speed up at all? This is only when the cruise is set. If I go up that same stretch of hiway, at the same speed, Without the cruise set, I can accelerate with no problems.
It just doesn't seem correct.

you for sure got a problem no lag at all like that in mine some yes but no where near that

Thanks for the info. I need to take it in for some other items as well. I still don't understand why it feels like it loses some rpm (or pull) when I give it throttle when the cruise is engaged and I am accelerating a little. Also the bike will drop 4 to 6 mph when going up a slight incline when on the hiway at 78mph. If the cruise is not set it climbs the same incline fine. Did I note that if the incline is much at all, I can twist the throttle to full throttle and it will not speed up at all? This is only when the cruise is set. If I go up that same stretch of hiway, at the same speed, Without the cruise set, I can accelerate with no problems.
It just doesn't seem correct.
Lew might know about this, but I think your Cruise also has a limiter on it. That might be why when you twist it at 78mph, with the cruise on, it don't accel much, seems to me the limiter for the cruise is factory set at around 80mph.
Whatcha think Lew?

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of good info. I will call the dealer tomorrow and see when I can get it in. I do know the cruise will set and it will run above 80 mph on the flat. It just doesn't have any acceleration above the cruise set point, if it is under any kind of extra load, like up a slight hill or even a head wind. And it still slows the rpm a little, just enough you can feel it, when you give it a slight amount of throttle when the cruise is set.
As a side note, my 06 E/G that I traded-in would not set above 90 mph but you could bump up the accel button to around 96 mph. I haven't wanted to try that on the 2010 until it gets more miles on it. Still under 500. I'll post what the dealer says. Thanks again.
Bob

Went to the dealer yesterday and they "looked" at my concerns. Wouldn't you know it, they say that this is normal!!! Basically they said that I am just running out of power!! Personnaly I think they are full of (EDIT)!!! They said that if I wanted enough power to go up a slight incline, by myself, no luggage,etc, I would need to go with the 103 big bore kit for $1,600.00, plus a Super Tuner for $600.00!!
I can't beleive that my 06 E/G with the 95 cid kit had tons of power but a stock 96 cid can't keep speed or accel any going up a slight incline, at hiway speeds. Does anyone know how you can tell if the throttle plates are actually fully opening, when this is occuring??? I thought about taping a mirror to my leg but this might not be the safest way.LOL Any suggestions?
(I'll post another thread for a fuel gauge question)
Thanks for all the replies.
Bob

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebel1...for some reason I almost expected that response...:devil

Time for a new dealer AND explain very clearly from your post:

Originally Posted by rebel1
Did I note that if the incline is much at all, I can twist the throttle to full throttle and it will not speed up at all? This is only when the cruise is set. If I go up that same stretch of highway, at the same speed, Without the cruise set, I can accelerate with no problems. It just doesn't seem correct.

That type of lag is not only "inconvenient" but downright dangerous...no full throttle acceleration on tap when you need to do an evasive maneuver in the hills is NOT normal! IMHO :small3d015:

Last edited:
"Went to the dealer yesterday and they "looked" at my concerns. Wouldn't you know it, they say that this is normal!!! Basically they said that I am just running out of power!! Personnaly I think they are full of (EDIT)!!! They said that if I wanted enough power to go up a slight incline, by myself, no luggage,etc, I would need to go with the 103 big bore kit for $1,600.00, plus a Super Tuner for $600.00!!"

Call the MOCO! Then get another dealer.

Back