free website stats program 2008 softail ticking | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 softail ticking

Are you running a fuel management system? I read somewhere that running a rich gas mixture can contribute to bluing.

I read somewhere here that folks have put an additional locknut on the exhaust threads, with varying amounts of success.

I doubt leaking will cause bluing you'd more likely hear it leaking or you'd still be getting soot at the leak. Make sure you tighten the nuts evenly as you run them down and torque to required value.

Alright I'm going nuts now. I can still hear a slight hiss so I did the dollar bill behind the pipes and it sucked it in!! Does this mean I have a burnt valve or is this still the leak?

Maybe a little more info on your scoot like how many miles? any mods? how long have you had this issue?

2008 flatness 27k. No mods but stage 1 and thunderheader. This just started. Hasn't had any issues till this exhaust deal

Flstn. Softail deluxe

Last edited by a moderator:
You could do a compression test and see if it holds pressure or if it bleeds off. At 27k there should be no reason to drop a valve unless you have a weak valve spring.

I guess anything is possible.

So is it possible it could be from the leak?

I've been trying to get time to check it out but I'm in on emergency call back and a 24 hr shift just turned into 48 hr so I got time to look for things to check Monday

Last edited by a moderator:
Back