free website stats program 2005 FLHTI no brake light | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 FLHTI no brake light

Hi JimHarvey1,

Sometimes you don't have 125 dollar to spend in a switch, or you're in a place where there isn't one. You can find a pen and glue almost everywhere for not much money.

You're free to wait to find a front switch but you will probably burn your pigtail (bulb holder), some fuses and the bulb.
It's a choice.

Hi JimHarvey1,

Sometimes you don't have 125 dollar to spend in a switch, or you're in a place where there isn't one. You can find a pen and glue almost everywhere for not much money.

You're free to wait to find a front switch but you will probably burn your pigtail (bulb holder), some fuses and the bulb.
It's a choice.

I whole-heatedly agree! Like I said, If it works and holds up, great! I DEFINITELY don't have any money right now for repairs having become unintentionally unemployed at the end of June. I was just saying that if it were MY bike, I would be saving my pennies for a new switch as soon as I could afford one. In the meantime, if it were a front switch that was bad, I would disconnect it and go without one as the back brakes are normally applied WITH the front brakes, and if the back brakelight switch is activating the brakelight, that would suffice in the interim. Reflecting on past experience in super-glue repairs on anything, there is too much work involved McGivering a front switch. My luck would be, that I would spend half a day fixing it to work and my "repair" wouldn't last a week.:wall

Sorry for you unemployment, i hope you'll get new one soon.

I delayed my vacancy departure 2 days later because tuesday the shop will be open, so i'll drive to get a new front switch. An aftermarket one for 10 euros. And not the Harley one at 100 euros.

I agree rear switch would be more than enough as i always brake rear first :)

How do you invalidate the front switch for the rear light doesn't light up ? Do you just cut the wire or shall you cut the wire + solder them together ?

You'd have to just clip the wire. The switch is normally open, and closes to activate the light when the lever is pulled and the button extends. That's why a broken front brake light switch will give a constant brake light (and on a touring bike, no cruise control engagement) but if you're putting in a replacement switch, that would't be an issue.

Re: [FIXED] 2005 FLHTI no brake light

Hi again,
I'm back from holidays after 5000 kilometers.
My glued swith still works perfectly.
I bought an aftermarket switch for exactly 8.99 euros. I'm lazy so i'll install it when the glued one will break ;)

Re: [FIXED] 2005 FLHTI no brake light

Hi again,
I'm back from holidays after 5000 kilometers.
My glued swith still works perfectly.
I bought an aftermarket switch for exactly 8.99 euros. I'm lazy so i'll install it when the glued one will break ;)

:s Check that your light is working often if you go this route, better to be safe, good job on the repair:s

Back