free website stats program 08 touring fuel pump issues | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 touring fuel pump issues

As I recall there was the same problem with another 08 from a member here.

Guess the parts aren't up to snuff.

just got a call from the dealer and its done it was a broken fuel filter harley has come out with a new part # for it

Glad your back up and running hopefully i dont have this problem when was your bike built? mine shows as 4-8-08

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with it. This is a quote from another guy who has had problems.

"My bike broke down in Southern Illinois-A small plastic part of the fuel delivery system inside the tank is cracked,apparently been happening often on the 2008 Touring Bikes.The HD dealer down there has 5 other bikes waiting for the part which is back ordered."

from what i can tell from talking to other people it happens right after filling up the tank when it happen to me it was a very hot day just road about a hour so the fuel in the tank was hot then filled it up with cool fuel wonder if the temp change had anything to do with it ???????????

Interesting theory. A sudden temperature change could certainly cause plastic to crack. I'm not sure if we're talking enough of a change though between hot, ambient air temp of the fuel in the tank (maybe 100 degrees) and the temp of the fuel being pumped in from an underground tank (I dunno, maybe 60 to 70 degrees.)

C'mon you engineer types - is this possible?

well it was about 90 that day plus just road about 100 miles the last 25 or so was in traffic so some stop and starts the fuel temp was aleast 90 plus the heat from the motor not sure what temp the gas in the tanks under ground was but it was running fine turned it off filled it up and bam it broke lol

Back