free website stats program 08 touring fuel pump issues | Harley Davidson Forums

08 touring fuel pump issues

kaos

i am one of the lucky owners that have a o8 flhrc with a bad fuel pump the bike was running great till i stopped and filled up the tank restarted it and low power backfires acted like i had water in the gas. After looking over the bike and found if you take the fuel cap off with the key on press the run switch on if the pump is bad it will puch a little fuel out the inlet or you can hear feul being sprayed around the tank talked to my dealer they have seen 6 in the last week alone i hope harley will re-do the fuel pump and not just send the same part to the dealers to replace for this issue hope this helps anyone one else that is having issues with the 08's

Don't know for sure yet - I'm going to enter my VIN number on the HD website when I get home from vacation - but there's rumors of a recall for some touring models because of this.

Well nothing came up .. i find it interesting that in the 1000 mile checkup it came up with that it says they will change the fork oil do they really or is it just BS

Back