free website stats program 08 touring fuel pump issues | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 touring fuel pump issues

Well, it looks like I may have one of the fuel pump issues that have cropped up on some '08 models. My '08 FLHT started loosing it's throttle smoothness yesterday after about 30 miles of riding. Then, it started loosing power, barely able to keep it above 60 mph on the level. Any hills required a shift to 3rd gear to complete the climb.

I nursed it home, it never died on me except when i pulled into my drive and put it in neutral. No codes were flashed, so I'm thinking it's a fuel problem. Called the dealership, and their picking it up tomorrow. The bike is pretty well stock, except for the Stage 1 stuff-high flow cleaner, Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust system, and Power Commander 3 box.

I pulled the plugs, they weren't fouled, but the front looked to be burning pretty lean.

Any help appreciated!! I'll let the group know what they find at the dealership!

Scott in IL

A drop in fuel pressure as a result of the fuel pump or filter problems that have been cropping up on the 08 bikes can cause the symptoms you experienced. More than likely the problem is the fuel filter cracked or broken. Dealers usually aren't stocking these parts so it may be a while until they get it in.

08 Bike Fuel Problems - Harley Davidson Community

Back