free website stats program 08 touring fuel pump issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 touring fuel pump issues

Change the fork oil at 1K?Not me.There's an issue with the '08 fuel pump.Plastic junk breaking under normal use..Don't know about a recall yet but I haven't had time to look it up on H-D net.Jeezus Harley quit outsourcing to the lowest bidder!

Gotta agree with Fisher - no freakin' way they change the fork oil at 1,000 miles. Maybe you misread it and it's done at 10,000 miles?

no i ran my vin and mileage an it told me in the little check up box replace fork oil .. let me see if i can get a copy

Service Checkup

2008 ROAD KING CLASSIC (EFI) - FLHRC

Approximate Mileage: 370

AT 1,000 MILES / 1,600 KILOMETERS

ITEM SERVICED
PROCEDURE
NOTES
Engine oil and filter
Replace

Oil lines and brake system
Inspect for leaks
Air cleaner
Inspect, service as required

Tires
Check pressure, inspect tread

Wheel spokes
Check tightness
Primary chaincase lubricant
Replace

Transmission lubricant
Replace

Clutch
Check adjustment
Drive belt and compensator sprocket
Inspect, adjust belt
Compensator sprocket isolators
Inspect for wear
Brake and clutch controls
Check, adjust and lubricate
Jiffy stand
Inspect and lubricate
Fuel lines and fittings
Inspect for leaks
Brake fluid
Check levels and condition
Brake pads and discs
Inspect for wear

Spark plugs
Inspect

Electrical equipment and switches
Check operation

Front fork oil
Replace
Steering head bearings
Lubricate
Air suspension
Check pressure, operation and leakage
Fuel door, Tour-Pak, saddlebags
Lubricate hinges and latches

Critical fasteners
Check tightness
Battery
Check battery and clean connections
Exhaust system
Inspect for leaks, cracks and loose or missing fasteners or heat shields
Road test
Verify component and system functions

NOTES

1. Should be performed by an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer, unless you have the proper tools, service data and are mechanically qualified.

2. Disassemble, lubricate and inspect every 80,000 kilometers (50,000 miles).

3. Perform annually.

4. Change D.O.T. 4 and flush brake system every two years.

5. Perform at each rear tire change.

removed my vin but thats what it comes up with sorry i couldnt get a screen shot couldnt remember how to o it so cut and paste it was

RE:fork oil.See note number 2.FIFTY THOUSAND MILES!!!!!That's about forty too many in my book.Unless you wanna sell many fork bushings.

true but ya do see where they say replace at 1k .. go enter any vin with low milage and it says right after the fork oil replace then the notes coem after that for later check ups .. i thought that was a little odd they want it repalced at 1k too

Kaos, that sounds like the same problem I had with my 08 Street Glide. Rode to lunch one day and it was fine. Went to get onto the highway going back to work, and all of a sudden it started losing power and backfiring. Turned out it wasn't actually the pump itself, but the fuel filter housing attached to the side of the pump cracked. Dealer said HD has changed the design because of the problems, and the parts have been on backorder because of that. I got lucky and the dealer was able to find the part and get me rolling in a couple of days. I've talked with others who suffered the same problem, and it took the dealer up to a couple of weeks to locate a replacement part. So far, I don't think there's been a recall, but it sounds like maybe there should be. If this happens to any of y'all reading this, I just hope it doesn't decide to break in a situation like mine. Losing power while merging onto a major highway in town can really be "fun".

well mine is stil at the dealer dont know if its the pump or hose or filter they say the parts are back ordered wonder if i can back order my payment this month .....lol

well mine is stil at the dealer dont know if its the pump or hose or filter they say the parts are back ordered wonder if i can back order my payment this month .....lol

Ask your dealer if they can put a "bike down" rush on these parts.

just got a call from the dealer and its done it was a broken fuel filter harley has come out with a new part # for it

Back