free website stats program 06 dyna Rotor-Stator | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 dyna Rotor-Stator

Hey, listen. Just because they didn't in this guy's case doesn't make them, or any of their representatives along the line, bad/evil/whatever.

Maybe this guy should've ridden his bike more instead of just sitting in the garage rubbing the chrome? Could've become an issue while still under warranty.

Where does he say they are Bad & Evil. He is just upset because he had to shell out 1/10 the cost of his bike for poor engineering. That was just for the 2 parts. He is doing the labor himself.

I know I would be upset. You wouldn't?

I know I'd be upset, too. But I'd also know what I'd said above, too. I guess I'd ask as politely as I could as high up as I could for some financial help and hope for the best.

This is one of the potential problems of buying a first-year product. A manufacturer, especially one the size of H-D, isn't going to release for production something it hasn't tested what it (or most anyone else) considered a reasonable amount of time. And I'm sure I'd just the other day read in a thread on this forum how H-D was honoring one-time replacement of some particular engine (or primary?) parts even after the warranty and whoever currently owns the bike. Heck, was it this?

Mine just broke down at 22000 miles.......Just had 20000 mile Maintenance schedule performed by my "MY DEALER".....Who said "Gee that's too bad"

I have had a lot of bikes since beginning to ride on the street in the early 60's..........I have spent more money on "Maintenance" on this bike than on all the rest. needless to say "I AM UPSET"

GrayBear

Mine just broke down at 22000 miles.......Just had 20000 mile Maintenance schedule performed by my "MY DEALER".....Who said "Gee that's too bad"
GrayBear

GrayBear, By chance would you still have your old stator?

Hoople

Hoople:
Bike still at dealership (11/17/09)....Hope to get it back soon.

I'll let you know about "parts"

GrayBear

I have all the old parts.
WAP.gif

Jack,
I did the regulator thing but still would like to see how the stators are wound. I just learned that earlier models of HD's systems were 2 Phase stators. That really surprised me. I wanted to dismantle a 3 phase stator and report the results.

HD4DP, I am still looking for a donor organ. I will pay postage & you will be helping out the forum with some knowledge. :p:p

Keep us posted Hoop I am very interested in this it sure looks to me that H D is going the import route with our charging systems they dont look much like the older ones I worked on, Jack

Back