free website stats program 06 dyna Rotor-Stator | Harley Davidson Forums

06 dyna Rotor-Stator

porkchop

Well guys, here is the famous two piece rotor that causes so much damage when it comes apart. I welded the bolts to keep them from coming lose.

Did you do this because you had a problem, or did you do it to prevent a future problem?

This has become a major issue on the 06s and early 07a. I am surprised Harley hasn't done a service bulletin.

Did you do this because you had a problem, or did you do it to prevent a future problem?

This has become a major issue on the 06s and early 07a. I am surprised Harley hasn't done a service bulletin.
I didnt have a problem yet but you know how that goes, Just taking care of it before it does come apart. I called HD MOCO and tried to get them to admit there is a desighn flaw but that was a waist of time. Its not a matter of IF its going to fail but When its going to fail, Only cost me a gasket, new crank bolt and one qt of oil rather than than $350. nip it in the butt.

The rotor is a balanced part i would think by welding it yiu put it out of balance and that would shake it apart usually when they go south its the splines that shere apart it helps to use a good dose of lock tight on the spline when you put it together,jel

I just put in a new stator in my 06 and when I tried to install the new rotor I can't get it to slide on the spline. The rotor is the new welded one and it's hitting the bottom of the primary case. It's almost like they don't have the hole in the rotor centered.

Has anyone else had a problem installing the new rotor?

I just put in a new stator in my 06 and when I tried to install the new rotor I can't get it to slide on the spline. The rotor is the new welded one and it's hitting the bottom of the primary case. It's almost like they don't have the hole in the rotor centered.

Has anyone else had a problem installing the new rotor?
I had to use this to shave the inside of the primary to gain clearance for the rotor, had to shave about 1/16 of an inch.

Cuttingwheel001.jpg

Has that worked out OK for you. I know there is a lip on the inner primary stopping me from getting the rotor on the spline. You've had no oil leaks? How long have you had the new stator in the bike.

Thanks for the info.

Has that worked out OK for you. I know there is a lip on the inner primary stopping me from getting the rotor on the spline. You've had no oil leaks? How long have you had the new stator in the bike.

Thanks for the info.
My stator was still good,I just welded the heads of the bolts on mine to keep them from backing out. there is plenty of alum on that inner primary to shave without any problems. i had to shave it just to get mine out. Just remember to cover the clutch basket with a towel to keep all the shavings out of the IPB, then use brake parts cleaner to rinse out the stator and,well everything, then use compessed air to blow dry real good. There wont be oil leak problems as long as you dont mess up the mating surface of the inner primary.

Thanks for the info. My old stator came out fine, slid right off the spline. I have the Harley manual and they say just install the rotor nothing about having to shave the primary. We know that doesn't work. The also want you to remove the clutch basket to install the stator but that wasn't necessary either. I'm not having much faith in this manual.

Thanks again.

Back