free website stats program you guy's are not going to belive this | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

you guy's are not going to belive this

Re: you guy's are not going to believe this

I would like to hear from someone who has been using Pledge on their bike for a few years before I put it on mine. I am thinking this an indoor product, primarily for wood and probably doesn't provide any UV protection. I would be afraid it would dull and yellow with exposure to the sun - Then it is back to the clay-bar and a redo from start. Just my two cents......

Been using it on my 07 since new, it is still the cleanest and best looking bike in my parking lot at work. Converting the others is ongoing progress.

Been using Pledge for 30 years. I had a car on the ISCA Show Car Circuit and once I set the car up for a show I would go over it with Pledge. It would knock your eyes out with the shine with all the lights on it. I would paint the Pledge cans black so no-one would know what I was using. This was a secret 30 years ago...............

Pledge convert here. I like it on the windshield the best really helps with removing the bugs. The only place I will not use pledge is the wheels. I was very careful to not get close to the brake rotor (front). But some how a tiny bit must have got on the rotor. Resulting in aprox. 80% loss of the front brake. Will not make that mistake again.

Pledge convert here. I like it on the windshield the best really helps with removing the bugs. The only place I will not use pledge is the wheels. I was very careful to not get close to the brake rotor (front). But some how a tiny bit must have got on the rotor. Resulting in aprox. 80% loss of the front brake. Will not make that mistake again.

That is a great point, when you spray a cloth do it at least 5' from your bike and down wind because the mist can go everywhere. Don't try to shine your running boards either.

Does anyone do a "Formal Wax" between using the pledge? I find that the first time I use pledge after a regular waxing, it is dull. I am talking about 1-2 weeks afterwards. But then the next application, it looks great.

I do a regular wax because I have it in my mind that it provides better protection...right, wrong or indifferent. :s

Does anyone do a "Formal Wax" between using the pledge? I find that the first time I use pledge after a regular waxing, it is dull. I am talking about 1-2 weeks afterwards. But then the next application, it looks great.

I do a regular wax because I have it in my mind that it provides better protection...right, wrong or indifferent. :s
I still like wax on my paint, I think the depth to the shine is better. I also used a bit of wax on my pipes yesterday and I think the shine was Wow, I don't get that wow from the pledge.

I've never had the need to do a "formal waxing" and only use Pledge on mine but then again it's never out in the bad weather and it's stored indoors in a climate controlled garage.

Back