free website stats program you guy's are not going to belive this | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

you guy's are not going to belive this

The good news; I tried it on the weekend and the result is fantastic!
The bad news; my better half caught me in the act and reckons I'm so good at it the rest of the house shouldn't be a problem! Oops, I knew I ought to be a little more covert. Does this mean I care more for the bike than the furniture? That's a no brainer :D

Great tip thanks, but, hey, be very careful how you apply the technology :s

Many of us here have been using Pledge furniture polish on our cars and bikes for a long, long time. Just for fun I called their 800 consumer phone number a few years ago and asked them if it would hurt the paint on my car to polish it with Pledge. After giving me the usual mumbo jumbo legal disclaimer and such the lady advised me that although they are aware that some people do use it on their car's paint, it is not something which they advertise. I asked her why and she said they are precluded from talking about anything which the legal department has not passed on. She said she could talk about refrigerators, counter tops, mirrors and wood furniture, but not cars or motorcycles.
"Is there anything else SIR", she asked. I guess not, I laughed.

Bug B Gone by Sea Foam for the Bug Juice spray on dry surface then hose it off it's water activated if it's sorta fresh one app will do it

Re: you guy's are not going to believe this

Guys, tell me a bit more please. I am in Australia and it is not a product that I am aware of. If it is that good I am interested!!!

I also want something that cleans the bug intestines off the screen as well. Anyone got a secret cleaner that they want to recommend please?

Neilwillo-- I can confirm that "Mr. Sheen" is the Aussie version of "Pledge". It even says on the can it's good for plastics, shiny surfaces. leather, painted surfaces (etc.).

It comes in plain or citrus versions and a spray bottle can be had as well. I bought a can today at Coles Supermarket and it's the same stuff as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
I was out for a ride last weekend with a pal and we call into this really nice country pub for lunch. The landlord is a really nice guy and has a very cool Fat Boy which he keeps in beautiful order. He is an Autoglym fan - liquid glass, the works.

I told him about how I have been using Pledge since I got the bike and what a great tip it was. He told me a story of a buddy of his who was at some HD meet or gathering in Spain. Willie G himself was there and this guy tells WG about Pledge. WG is said to have warned him off it as it would be really bad for his paintwork and gave him some letter signed in person to take to his local dealership to have his paintwork resprayed free gratis!!:33:

Well, the guy telling the story is a really nice fella and I don't think he's feeding us a yarn but I think perhaps the original tale has grown in the telling or maybe it is all urban myth......

Hasn't and won't stop me using Pledge. Nothing wrong with any of my paint work or metal work from where I sit. :D

Anyone know Willie G to ask him if he's anti-Pledge??

WG is said to have warned him off it as it would be really bad for his paintwork and gave him some letter signed in person to take to his local dealership to have his paintwork resprayed free gratis!!:33:

Something doesn't sound quite right with this story, why would WG authorize free paint for someone who didn't follow HD's recomendations for caring for the scoot???

Back