free website stats program Yes, You Can Safely Ride in the Rain! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Yes, You Can Safely Ride in the Rain!

Yes, it does rain in Southern California. It was wet when I left my home and got steadily worse as I rode towards the coast today.

Spent the last hour with a can of pledge cleaning up for tomorrow's ride.:bigsmiley8:

Easy fix for you Romain, just ride 'em 'til they get dirty & then get a new one like Hobbit does! :laugh:bigsmiley22:

Thanks for taking the time to put it all down and sharing. Sure good advice. We always joke that the surest way to avoid the rain is to put on your rain gear. Seems like the time it takes to put on the suit often is all it takes for a quick t-storm to pass. Like the underpass comment. Gil

The other day riding home from work in haevy traffic, heavy rain and cold.
Ended up sharing a lane with a Metric crotch rocket, this thing had a reat tire bigger than my car the poor kid riding it was bent over the tank in race style wiggling and though every defect in the road trying to see throught the worth less wind shield at those speeds he was not having fun.
I on the other hand was sitting up right comfortable feet slightly forward rock steady .
Drinking a cup of coffee :)
He would look over at me from time to time sitting up right and smiling I wonder what he was tinking. :)
You know what he was thinking!

funny...Tamania name reminds me of something out of a WB cartoon, the-the thats all folks!!! people.

Yeah ...you have to watch out for devils down there too. They're only small but they're like wombats. I hit a wombat once and it was like hitting a large housebrick.:newsmile011:

Some great advice about how to make through the rain. It didn't take long for me to figure out wet and cold on the bike ain't fun. I quickly bought some good rain gear.

I still try my best to avoid anything more than light rain. Have never gotten past the sensation that the cagers really can't see me if there is much rainfall. I know I can't see them as well. What am I saying? Seems cagers can't see us when there is no rain!

Some great advice about how to make through the rain. It didn't take long for me to figure out wet and cold on the bike ain't fun. I quickly bought some good rain gear.

I still try my best to avoid anything more than light rain. Have never gotten past the sensation that the cagers really can't see me if there is much rainfall. I know I can't see them as well. What am I saying? Seems cagers can't see us when there is no rain!

Yep...ride as though you are invisible to all around you...as a biker you have entered the "Survival Zone" Fade to music...:newsmile055:

Too true, unfortunately.

The later HD imported into Europe always have the dipped headlights on from when you turn the key as it's compulsory to have your lights on at all times in several countries but I'm not sure that it's the case for the US models.

I will not wear a dayglow outfit save for extreme bad weather (one of my waterproof suit is dayglow yellow) but having the headlight on is a must.

Back