free website stats program Winterization (the lifting of bike) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winterization (the lifting of bike)

Hey thanks everyone for your suggestions! I too take a ride when I am brave enough to the cold and not too much salt on the roads. I do think I will stick with leaving it on the floor since I have also never had a problem, too my knowledge, with flat spots. I will say on a side note, that my wifes new Honda CRV does have a "flat spot" type feeling for the first 15 minutes during a cold start, after sitting for the night. Thanks again!:bigsmiley11:

Hey thanks everyone for your suggestions! I too take a ride when I am brave enough to the cold and not too much salt on the roads. I do think I will stick with leaving it on the floor since I have also never had a problem, too my knowledge, with flat spots. I will say on a side note, that my wifes new Honda CRV does have a "flat spot" type feeling for the first 15 minutes during a cold start, after sitting for the night. Thanks again!:bigsmiley11:

Well of course, its a Honda :newsmile100::newsmile100:

I put it on the lift for no other reason than I can get it out of the way for the snow blower to sit in the "ready" spot. I hate winter!

I put it on the lift for no other reason than I can get it out of the way for the snow blower to sit in the "ready" spot. I hate winter!

I hear on the forum here that they are taking new residents in Florida.....:laugh

Similar to harley@16 - bike's on jack so it's mobile & stowed away from things I need to access. Also like having it up off the concrete...no problems going on 3rd winter hibernation here in NE.

Sorry about rubbing in the "Florida Sunshine" stuff to all my frozen friends in the North... One observation though - if you put your bike on a lift for the winter, does the lift 'bleed down' or develop corrosion rings where the o-rings on the ram are exposed? What kind of lift are you using? How stable is it when you're moving the bike around the garage? Just curious in case we have another ice age and the glaciers head south!

Back