free website stats program Winterization (the lifting of bike) | Harley Davidson Forums

Winterization (the lifting of bike)

Biffy08

This is the greatest site with some of the best people I have never meet!!!:newsmile01::newsmile01:
My question is around the winterization:newsmile08: of my Ultra with factory air suspension. Is there any concern for doing damage to allowing the suspension to "hang" for a 3 month :newsmile08: period? Thoughts will be appreciated!

My 2008 EG has never been off the ground for winter storage in 3 years and have had 0 problems. I would be concerned with the forks also lifting in air for extended periods of time

Mine is always on the jack for winter storage and never had a problem. Like to keep the weight off the tires. If you decide to keep it on the ground move your bike from time to time to avoid flat spots on the tire.

I've never lifted either my Sportster or Ultra.
Personally, I think this fear of flat spots on tires goes back to years ago when the tire compounds were different.

Never had flat spots on either bike or cars and trucks. Some of my cars/trucks go into the cold garage when fall comes and don't come out until the weather is better in the spring.

I never lifted my baggers in the winter in Mn, tho I did make sure there was no salt under the tires and I would roll it once a week:s

I lift my '03 Ultra every winter and to date I don't have any problems. At least none that I know of!

This will be my third winter bike is on jack with no problems to date. I do take it out occasionally in the winter when the weather breaks.

I've never lifted either my Sportster or Ultra.
Personally, I think this fear of flat spots on tires goes back to years ago when the tire compounds were different.

Yep, Go's back to when the tire manufacturer used nylon in the cords.
Those days are long gone.

Back