free website stats program Windshield Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Question

DCasteel883

I am shopping for a windshield for my 883 sportster - I really need some suggestions (this would be my very first windshield purchase) I like the thought of having a removable windshield; however, I have been told by many friends that once you have the shield, you never go back :D
Any suggestions would be very helpful prior to my purchase
:bigsmiley12:
DC

lots of choices out there. i have windshields on both my bikes, the one on the road king i look through and the one on the softail i look over. both are quick release. i tend to take them on and off, depending on weather.

i am more use to the one i look over until the rain comes then i like to look through and keep a little dryer. i believe some of the guys use a tie wrap around the quick release just to keep honest people from stealing it when parked for a length of time.

good luck with your choice, and welcome to HDT

Last edited:
I am shopping for a windshield for my 883 sportster - I really need some suggestions (this would be my very first windshield purchase) I like the thought of having a removable windshield; however, I have been told by many friends that once you have the shield, you never go back :D
Any suggestions would be very helpful prior to my purchase
:bigsmiley12:
DC

I like the removable windshield because in the hot weather, you have the option of removing it for cooling.

H-D sells a quick release lock that subs for one clip. I bought H-D quick release w/locking hdwe for my sportster. No regrets.

I rode my Dyna the other day without the windshield for the first time in DECADES. By the time I got to 50 mph my helmet strap was choking me, and my eyes (with safety glasses) were so blurry I could not see well. I put it back on as soon as I got back to the house. Plus,,, I couldn't hear my pipes with all the wind in my ears!! :small3d031:

Last edited:
I favor the quick detach windshield on my softail, also had the same on my sportster. There are some days when it's really hot that I prefer to ride sans the windshield and the quick detach mades cleaning the front end alot easier.

Back