free website stats program Windshield Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield Question

H-D 14" Windscreen w/ Quick Release Lever system works great...easy on/off in as much time as getting out the key to unlock one of the levers (new for 2010 for $35) and it pops of in SECONDS! Works fine for me though I am only 5' 6" w/ 30" inseam so the top of the screen is 3" below my sight horizon. I wear goggles and 1/2 coverage helmet, so buffeting is minimal...but if I wear faceshield it rattles...so full face helmet works in winter time to keep warm.

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

I installed a Wind-Vest on my Fatboylo, it removes easy enough but I think I'll just leave it on most the time. Makes a big difference when riding and it looks great

I have the quick release from HD on my sporty because I only use it when the weather is cold. Like it off in the good weather. Don't use it much here in SC but glad I spent the money when I get the itch in the cold damp times of the year.

I rode my Dyna the other day without the windshield for the first time in DECADES. By the time I got to 50 mph my helmet strap was choking me, and my eyes (with safety glasses) were so blurry I could not see well. I put it back on as soon as I got back to the house. Plus,,, I couldn't hear my pipes with all the wind in my ears!! :small3d031:

Yes, I have to get up to about 60 mph for that to happen but feel the same way. I'm waiting on my wife to get over a lagging flu so she can hold the tape for me to measure for a shield. It's mainly the longer extended rides at 65 to 70mph that really get to me.

That's funny! Just realized the grammar booboo...

And I should have used the politically correct verbage of Residentially Displaced. Which I plan to be as soon as I can retire!!!

Back