free website stats program Windshield preferences ?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield preferences ??

photo 5.jpg

photo 6.jpg

Hi Guys,
Man am I glad I came upon this thread. Only yesterday did I install my new Corbin which lowered my driving position by 1". Prior to this, my eyes (when sitting very upright) were just over the 12" windshield (attached pix). I would always struggle as to whether to ride while looking over the windshield or through it. Now, with the new seat my eyes are well below the top of the windshield.

In your opinions.. is a 9" a good idea or should I opt for the 6" instead ?. The reason I initially opted for such a large windshield was because I wanted as much wind protection as possible.. I got it..lol.

But Looks are also a bit important to me and with the new seat.. I want to get something that looks good too.

The websites mentioned here are beyond affordable. Its more than triple their cost at the HD dealer in Montreal.

Your input as to whether a 6" or 9" should suffice will be much appreciated. I am average 5.10"

Thanks

I hope that I am as fortunate as you. I ordered mine today,should be here next thursday. I got the 8" in the dark tint. I am 5'10" so I hope that it will work out. I am not one to buy on line but with the return policy hopefully all will go well. My big problem is going to be getting the scoot out as we are going to get more snow and I will not take it out until all the salt is off the road.

Well like the man said at freedom shields ,I would have my shield on thursday and yep it came and in a shake of a dogs tail it is on and as far as looks I am in love( sorry Honey)! I can't wait to give it a try but from the test run from the garage it fits great. I got the 8" in dark tint. John from freedom gives a money back guarentee but from what I can see if the shield redirects the wind like it does the look and thickness, along with the perfect height for me, I see me being a very happy customer and would recomend them to all.

have the shield end up about chin or just below nose height...whatever that ends up being for you on your bike...that works pretty well for seeing over the shield...

Well like the man said at freedom shields ,I would have my shield on thursday and yep it came and in a shake of a dogs tail it is on and as far as looks I am in love( sorry Honey)! I can't wait to give it a try but from the test run from the garage it fits great. I got the 8" in dark tint. John from freedom gives a money back guarentee but from what I can see if the shield redirects the wind like it does the look and thickness, along with the perfect height for me, I see me being a very happy customer and would recomend them to all.
Sharp can you take a picture of that new shield and post it ???

Tubguy...as soon as the daughter gets here today I am going to have her take some pic's . I told the folks at freedom shields that I would get some to them so all could see how awesome the shield looks on my 07 classic in black cherry.

Here are a few pics of the new freedom shield.

Attachments

• windshield2.jpg
    windshield2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 43
  • windshield3.jpg
    windshield3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 48
  • windshield4.jpg
    windshield4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 43
  • windshield5.jpg
    windshield5.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 48
I ride with a 6" clearview in the summer so I can get some air and go back to the stock 12" when the weather gets cooler.

Let me know your thoughts and if anyone uses either of these shields and what hieght you have.

Thanks Tubguy

I've purchased from the web site of the first seller. Great service and even did a bit of custom adjustment for me so the windshield would fit my V-twin Yamaha Road Star. Great folks. Believe it or not, the extra 1.5 inches (+-) on both sides of the windshield really helps a lot in cold weather. I used both my stock windshield on that one and the larger one-wider one for cooler days. Snap to change.

good luck

cass

I'm glad to hear that. John said mine ships on Monday so I am looking forward to giving a review.

I bought the Fast Aire as an inexpensive replacement for the original..Liked it...bought another for a spare...then , also from Fast Aire, I bought the Freedom Shield recurve in light tint...8".. I'm really happy with the Freedom recurve . I actually look through the top of it but, if I sit up straight, I can look over it..( 01 Ultra and I'm just 5'7"...) I may try a 6" Freedom at some point.
Dealing with Fast Aire was a pleasure...

Back