free website stats program Windshield preferences ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield preferences ??

Check out the cearview shields on their site. They have alot of different choices and will customize also.

my friend has a street glide and after putting a Windvest on he said it's the best thing he ever did - he said his stereo sounds better and one time he forgot his sun glasses and it was so efficient that his eyes didn't water on the freeway- they come in different shades and hights - so you might to go to their site and take a look them -

Depends on your taste & body measurements...I'm 5'11" & 34" inseam w/1.5" lowered seat (MCC mod). My 8.5" Klock Werks does a great job keeping wind/buffeting at bay & fits the 3-pouch bags well too.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 102
I bought a Clarks Custom Windshield after someone on this forum told me about them .Actually I bought 2 , the 4" black and a 9" smoke . I couldn't be happier . They are about 3" wider than stock ,which really helps the stereo out , plus knocks a bunch of air off your hands for cold weather riding .They will cut them from 4- 14 " , so you get one that's right for you . It's a mom and pop kinda place and will work to make you happy.

I have said this in other such posts....try a Cee Bailey...you can get tints and the shape puts the shield closer to you which means less buffeting with lower height so you arent looking through it and they arent very costly compared to some. FLHT Super Step Contour (SSC) Replacement Windshield - Our newly designed SSC windshield for the Electra Glide FLHT series is a radical departure from the original OEM style windshields. THis is a company that makes aircraft plastics and they do aerodynamic research with their shields. I am 6'2 and currently use their 12 inch shield which is the height of the Harley stock 9 inch. Better coverage than the stock 12 inch by far. YMMV

I have a 2010 FLHTK. I replaced the stock windshield with a tinted 10" Wind Vest and I have to say it's great! I am 5'8", my eye sight is just above the top of the shield and I get no buffetting at all. The Wind Vest claims to act 3-4" taller than it actually is and it's true. As far as the tint. I bought the lightest tint and have no issues riding at night.

Back