free website stats program Will slip-ons change the sound on a 2010 RK with a cat converter? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will slip-ons change the sound on a 2010 RK with a cat converter?

Thanks Trek. What I meant was that I didn't want to add a digital tuner/fueler. I just wanted to keep it simple and impreve the exhaust sound a bit, thats all. I happy with the existing performance and reliability. From what I heve been reading on the various discussion forums, tuners seem to be a source of perpetual fiddling with/adjusting and general cause or reliabilty issues (this is my personal observation only). I just want to "keep it simple".

That's the beauty of the TFI that Dobeck offers for a generous HDTimeline discount. Easy to set up without a computer or dyno runs, no constant fiddling, and very reliable.

took out my cat last weekend. going in for a retune on the 10th. only started it to hear the difference w/o cat and it sounds like it has a fan blowing out the pipes. no harley sound, just air. can't wait to get it tuned and back on the road. dealer dude gave me free dyno time if i left the a/c and stock mufflers. seems he wants to do a baseline to see if they can just do the stage 2 flash. then i'll do some mufflers and retune.

took out my cat last weekend. going in for a retune on the 10th. only started it to hear the difference w/o cat and it sounds like it has a fan blowing out the pipes. no harley sound, just air. can't wait to get it tuned and back on the road. dealer dude gave me free dyno time if i left the a/c and stock mufflers. seems he wants to do a baseline to see if they can just do the stage 2 flash. then i'll do some mufflers and retune.

glimmerman, can you please post back after your re-tune with an update?

thanks!

Personally I would pull the entire exhaust system out, put in a 2009 header and pipes with a set of slipons that have the sound you want. Nowadays, many local, state and federal regulations would limit you and give you a fixit ticket with fines...you really want those takeoffs intact if they do regular yearly *sniff* or noise checks mandated by the imprinted noise specs info on the stockers certifying compliance for your model year.:58:

bobalu-sure thing. will give the a/f w/o cat and after st 2 flash. hoping and so is the dealer that this is all it takes. they'll be lined up at the door. i'm going to get a set of '09 mufflers in case dmv starts sniffing in '14.

Back