free website stats program Will slip-ons change the sound on a 2010 RK with a cat converter? | Harley Davidson Forums

Will slip-ons change the sound on a 2010 RK with a cat converter?

bobalu

I have a 2010 RK Classic (totally stock). I just want a deeper rumble tone in the exhaust, I don't care about performance increase at all. Don't want to get into the tuner add on thing. I was looking at either the SE Thunder Street or the SE Street Performance Touring.

I've read through dozens of threads it seems and there are a lot of comments that because of the cat converter in the header pipe, slips-ons will have no effect on the sound of the exhaust (ie: I'm wasting my money).

Can anyone categorically confirm if this is true of not? I'm even getting mixed answers when asking some of the guy's at my dealership.

Just put a set of slipons on a 2011 fatbob. Sounded dramatically different I was wondering the same thing as you. cuz the conv is in the headpipe now

I just put some Rush slipons my 2012 Ultra...helped with the sound...but not real loud but you can hear a little something going back there...better than stock for sure....nice change of pace from my 04 with real loud pipes...kinda likeing it toned down...

Take a look @ "Wild Pigs" - economical, but will definitly sound better than stock.

Home

Thanks for the responses guy's. :small3d028:

Iceman, I checked out the Wild Pigs site. Below is a quote from the FAQ page on their website:

"On the 2010, 11, 12 models the pipes are very quiet and the bike will run extremely lean thats because theres a catalytic converter in front of the right pipe."

:( Kudo's to them for being honest though. I feel like i'm right back where I started.....:cry

Pretty much anything you do to the exhaust will change the sound. Just remember the larger the baffle opening the louder the sound becomes.
Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Just ordered American Custom slip ons and just finished cutting out cat. Can't wait to get them on and re-tune gen3

Back