free website stats program Will slip-ons change the sound on a 2010 RK with a cat converter? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Will slip-ons change the sound on a 2010 RK with a cat converter?

That's an awesome site, great prices! That's exactly what I'm looking for. they even offer a cat free header pipe! I've e-mailed them for some info. (I'll post back once I hear from them). Much thanks!

Let me know what you find out about this cat free header pipe.? :s

Let me know what you find out about this cat free header pipe.? :s

I received the following response from American Custom Pipes: (The PowerFlex header is their cat-less header pipe)

"Thank you for your interest in American Custom. With the PowerFlex header alone, you will get a slight improvement in the stock muffler sound- based on the simple principle that freeing up the header from the catalytic converter would give your exhaust system more air flow".

They didn't answer my question about the result of putting their slip-ons on my cat equipped header, so I e-mailed them back and am waiting for a response.

I put some rush slip's on my 12 SG, very happy. It gives me a nice little rumble w/o having to do the tuner thing!

sent from the boondocks

I listened to about 4 different sets of mufflers at my dealers. went with v&h twin slash cut 4 inch rounds. nice rumble when crusing & healthy deep bark under accelleration. $300 to my door very pleased. 2012 sg stock head pipe.Now just need some nice weather.

I would get rid of the cats. Also you mentioned you "didn't want to get into the tuner thing," if you meant that you didn't want to discuss it here that's cool. But if you are not going to add some kind of fueler I would reconsider as these bikes are already lean from the factory and even more so after you free up the air flow a bit. Good luck deciding what pipes you get.

I would get rid of the cats. Also you mentioned you "didn't want to get into the tuner thing," if you meant that you didn't want to discuss it here that's cool. But if you are not going to add some kind of fueler I would reconsider as these bikes are already lean from the factory and even more so after you free up the air flow a bit. Good luck deciding what pipes you get.

Thanks Trek. What I meant was that I didn't want to add a digital tuner/fueler. I just wanted to keep it simple and impreve the exhaust sound a bit, thats all. I happy with the existing performance and reliability. From what I heve been reading on the various discussion forums, tuners seem to be a source of perpetual fiddling with/adjusting and general cause or reliabilty issues (this is my personal observation only). I just want to "keep it simple".

Back