free website stats program Why I CAN'T ride!!! part 1 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why I CAN'T ride!!! part 1

Re: Why I CAN'T ride!!! part 1

Wow Bobcat, I'm glad you are okay and are on the road to mending, soon to be back on the road with your bike. Those rattlesnake are nothing to mess with and nothing like meeting one in your house. Thank you to the warning of your dog - guess you were just a little to tall to come eye to eye with your inturder -- good thing.

Many eons ago, I use to milk the venon out of many kinds of rattlesnakes. This allowed for the making of the antivenin (no not a spelling error) that we and our pets get to receive when we encounter such fellow inhabitants of our environment. Intersting, large snakes are able to meter out how much if any venom they adminster, while small snakes tend to blow their whole stash, even when they know the victim they are injecting is not prey. Incidently, something I really want to stress....

DEAD SNAKES STILL BITE!!!!

Every year, people are treated for snake bites (usually when they are getting eye to eye with the critters), after they kill them!! Imagine if your nose or cheek was the lovely shade of eggplant!

Good thing for bringing the snake to the hospital too, Bobcat. Not sure where you live, but here in Arizona, we have Diamondback and Mojave rattlers. Diamondbacks victims get the same treatment you received, however Mojave victims get the same and much, much more. Mojave's contain a neurotoxin that often kills their victims if not treated quickly. The only difference regarding the appearance of the snakes if the width of the black bands on the tail -- the funny thing is, you really have to have the two snakes, of about the same size together to tell the difference, unless you really know your snakes.

Now something else I want to bring up!! What's this girl thing......

your one lucky dude i like snakes but would have run round like a girl screamin if on ebit me LOL

yikes, i hate snakes!! once i was in a pet store , and a guy walked in with a snake wrapped around his neck. i almost had a heart attack and ran out like a girl!
you never mention where the rattlesnake came from.

I'm the one milking the venom and recently, if the fire department can't do it, I'm one of the people called to move the rattlesnakes out of people's yards. Don't see this girl running and screaming, but I see LOTS of boys!!

And really, sharpscuba, you taped their mouths closed and then let them go!! They breath from those little holes where their tongues stick out of. Now they don't require as many breaths a minute as you do (although maybe after they are caught by a large human being), but they still need to breath.

Hope you get back to riding very soon Bobcat.

And hope your surgery went well, HD4ME!

CatWoman

Glad you are recovering and starting to ride again. Like most of the posters on this thread, I hate snakes, they give me the willies. Found a big king snake in my garden this spring. About the same coloration as my garden hose, which is what I thought I was reaching for. You know, you can throw one of those buggers a long ways when you realize what you have in your hand. :lolrolling

Glad to hear you are OK i hate snakes we have 1 too many here in Florida good Luck

Great example of no matter what, you gotta remain calm and think rationally. I too am pretty comfortable around snakes. I could've imagined my two Brittany Spaniels with a snake in the house. They'd been tearing down the house trying to get at that thing!

It's great to hear you're doing well and you'll be back on the road again soon.

Wow, Catwoman...you gotta lot of nerve...telling us "guys" off...:lolrolling

I guess we better "man" up and like Indy's pilot says..." - Get some backbone will ya...thats just my pet snake Reggie..." :devil

Wow Bobcat, I'm glad you are okay and are on the road to mending, soon to be back on the road with your bike. Those rattlesnake are nothing to mess with and nothing like meeting one in your house. Thank you to the warning of your dog - guess you were just a little to tall to come eye to eye with your inturder -- good thing.

Many eons ago, I use to milk the venon out of many kinds of rattlesnakes. This allowed for the making of the antivenin (no not a spelling error) that we and our pets get to receive when we encounter such fellow inhabitants of our environment. Intersting, large snakes are able to meter out how much if any venom they adminster, while small snakes tend to blow their whole stash, even when they know the victim they are injecting is not prey. Incidently, something I really want to stress....

DEAD SNAKES STILL BITE!!!!

Every year, people are treated for snake bites (usually when they are getting eye to eye with the critters), after they kill them!! Imagine if your nose or cheek was the lovely shade of eggplant!

Good thing for bringing the snake to the hospital too, Bobcat. Not sure where you live, but here in Arizona, we have Diamondback and Mojave rattlers. Diamondbacks victims get the same treatment you received, however Mojave victims get the same and much, much more. Mojave's contain a neurotoxin that often kills their victims if not treated quickly. The only difference regarding the appearance of the snakes if the width of the black bands on the tail -- the funny thing is, you really have to have the two snakes, of about the same size together to tell the difference, unless you really know your snakes.

Now something else I want to bring up!! What's this girl thing......

I'm the one milking the venom and recently, if the fire department can't do it, I'm one of the people called to move the rattlesnakes out of people's yards. Don't see this girl running and screaming, but I see LOTS of boys!!

And really, sharpscuba, you taped their mouths closed and then let them go!! They breath from those little holes where their tongues stick out of. Now they don't require as many breaths a minute as you do (although maybe after they are caught by a large human being), but they still need to breath.

Hope you get back to riding very soon Bobcat.

And hope your surgery went well, HD4ME!

CatWoman

CAtwoman you need to reread I was not the one doing the taping I was the one doing the running. I would rather walk through any Hood in the country than deal with a snake.

Wow, Catwoman...you gotta lot of nerve...telling us "guys" off...:lolrolling

I guess we better "man" up and like Indy's pilot says..." - Get some backbone will ya...thats just my pet snake Reggie..." :devil

I guess I could have said -- 'Man up boys, show me you have some backbone...that's just my pet snake, Urelia -- when I call her name just before feeding, she does wag her tail so hard it sounds like a rattle :lolrolling :bigsmiley24: :lolrolling :lero

Sorry Sharpscuba, didn't mean to misread you as the taper and not a runner--oops!!

CatWoman (Not only NOT afraid of Snakes but a snake Owner) ::rider

Here is some pics
The foot pics start at 2 hrs after the bite to Saturday when it was at its worst.
Thanks for all of the replies.
Bob

Attachments

• Snake.jpg
    Snake.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 61
  • 2hrs.jpg
    2hrs.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 5hrs.jpg
    5hrs.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 54