free website stats program Why I CAN'T ride!!! part 1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why I CAN'T ride!!! part 1

I used to live in the extreme north part of the valley and twice I've had rattlesnakes strike up on me. Never bitten, but nonetheless, I didn't appreciate it. I was able to take a shovel to their heads and cut them off.

I could only imagine seeing them in my house. Worst thing I ever had was a 6" Centipede wake me up in the middle of the night. Felt something crawling on my back. Killed that little (fu<EDITED) too.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Many Many years ago while stationed in Fort Hood some one had caught two rattlers, scotch taped their mouth and let them go in the baracks. I am from the north where they are unheard of. Needless to say I was as scared as a young man need be. Glad that you are ok,take the time to heal the scoot will be there when you are ready.

Good story, I go out to the garage all the time, and of course would never expect to get bitten...glad we are not near the countryside where rattlers live. Pretty cool that you developed a bit of resistance to the venom...I have never been bit by a snake, but always though non venomous reptiles were all pretty interesting early on.

I've never been scared of snakes. Kind of like them. Now spiders are another story. Funny what scares some others don't mind. I've lived in many places and have come face to face with many snakes. Never was bitten though I came really close once when I was 12 or so. My dog at the time was barking at something by the river I was walking along only to discover it was a water moccasin. I stoned it senseless than took a stick and threw it in the river only to have my dog jump in and fetch it. Scared me for my dog but all ended well. Another time I was on a boyscout trip walking the Shiloh trial. I sat with my back against a stump when one of the other boys told be not to move. There was a Copper Head on top of the stump. I slid away and all was well. Ya never know what might happen. Glad you are better and had some immunity.

Great story!

Like the song goes - "I don't like spiders and snakes...":)

I'm betting that JRT wanted that snake - real bad! :D Not sure how it would have worked out, but I'm pretty sure only one of them would have been left standing. Being in Ohio, there isn't much of rattlesnake problem :D but my JRT's have gone after anything else that moves...

Thanks for sharing, glad you are okay. At least you had enough piece of mind to grab breakfast. Busted out laughing when I read that. :lolrolling

I had knee surgery yesterday so I am down for a few days as well. Its too bad because we are having some gorgeous weather here in Houston.

Take care and hope you get back in the saddle real soon.

Never realized the effects of a rattlesnake bite. Gives me a new respect for snakes as I'm not sure I can tell the difference between the friendly and the other.

Thanks for sharing. Wishing you well and a speedy full recovery to riding.

scotch taped their mouth and let them go in the baracks.

Now that is funny, I may just have to do that some day! :lolrolling

As some of you have said, I am not afraid of snakes, I do respect them though. I HATE spiders though! They creep me out. Why is that?

Back