free website stats program Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times

I, too, keep my running lights (passing lamps) on at all times. Part of doing that is being seen. You know, yourself, that when you see a motorcycle coming towards you with just the headlamp on, it's noticible, but not nearly as much as seeing those three spots of light. In addition, seeing that light pattern is different, and catches your eye.

From start up to shut down and all stops in between.I NEVER ride without the best chance of being seen.

Check your local laws first, know for Autos here in VA they passing / running / fog lights have to shut-off when high-beams are cut on... they failed the state inspection on dad's truck when he first moved out here because his didn't... Assume the same would hold true to bikes.

Thanks guys, I will check it out.

as stated above - make sure your local laws allows such a thing before tearing into it!!!!!!!!!

should be a switch up on your console of the ultra to turn on/off your passing/running lights.

Ahh... I see. I thought he was talking about turning all lights off. Yes I keep the passing lights on all the time. I want to be seen, plus I think it looks cool! :bigsmiley12:

I keep the passing lamps on all the time........in fact I very rarely use the high beam on my bike.

I keep the passing lamps on all the time........in fact I very rarely use the high beam on my bike.

I don't like the high beam on my Ultra - just something about it throwing shadows ????!! Guess I should try out that orsam bulb Glider has talked about!!

Back