free website stats program Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times

Hello gang
May be a foolish question but I normaly ride with my " Running lights" on at all times I picked up my Ultra from the dealer the other day (Warranty Work) and noticed today that my running lights were off how many of you do not run the Runniing lights when ridding?

BuffaloBILL

Always on... When riding with a group if your up front looking back you can really see those three big lights... I think the dealer turns them off for battery purposes... The law... It's legal here where I live with low beams... Even if it weren't... Humm...

Only have one headlight, but my last bike had the headlight and aux lights on all the time. When I figure out how to add aux lights to my Deuce, they'll be on all the time as well.

Always ON except when the high beam is on. I've found that with the high beam from the Osram bulb you really don't need them to help spot the critters.

during the day, I just ride with my bright on. Reason being, that I don't want to burn out the filament for the low beam, because at night time, those are the ones that are really necessary. And I would rather my high beam burn out pre-maturely than my low beams. That is what I've learned from my riding instructor, at least... makes intuitive sense, I guess. I never questioned it.

However, if there is ever a question of high-beam or low beam, I go with the low beam. I agree the three lights make us more visible, and more distinguishable as a non-automobile.

Drew

On all the time for visibility. When my Police bike was converted to civilian duty (by a Harley dealer) they butchered the wiring and I can’t turn them off anyway, even though the switch was left in place. They do turn off with the highbeam setting though.

When I received the bike oncoming cars were constantly flashing their highbeams at me. The running lights were adjusted way too high. Before the conversation my running lights were red/blue wig-wags, so obviously were adjusted high to get peoples attention. I guess it worked.

My old Sportster had the wimpy small headlight. During daylight hours I rode with the highbeam on.

On all the time. Went with Glider's Osraqm bulb for night riding, big difference, especially good at lighting up the sides.

Thanks guys, I will check it out.

If you have a workshop manual,check out the wiring schematic for the International models.My flstn passing lights ONLY work when high beam is on.They will not come on with the "hard wired" low beam.

Back