Where & why?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by walleye, Jul 1, 2009.

1. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

OK, riding time is here. Many of us are making plans for a ride. Share your favorite ride destinations and why. This year we are planning a trip to Yellowstone Park. So far, my favorite ride is Galcier Park "highway to the sun". Nice, clean big country with lots of twisties. Let us know your favorite route and maybe we can help each other with our destinations. Thanks all, I look forward to hearing your recommendations. And as always, Ride Safe brothers. :yes

2. Clint

Clint Active Member

My wife and I are also planning a trip to Yellowstone!

3. ProF

ProF Junior Member

Three for three! We're going to Yellowstone, too!

We'll be there on the 9th thru the 13th of Sept.
    Coming from the L.A. area.

4. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

We have the Great Lakes here in Michigan. Planning a shoreline ride along Lake Huron .

5. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Member

Headed towards Puget Sound next month... US 2 from Ohio to Seattle. Definitely making a detour for the Going to the Sun Hwy.

6. gregski

gregski Member

Headed from Washington down the coast on Hwy 101 for 2 weeks in the middle of September. No itinerary, other than I have to be back to work on the 26th. May make it down as far as San Francisco. I'll stop when I want to and ride when I want to.

7. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

Rode around the peninsula a couple of weeks ago (up the east side and down the west shore). It was a good ride. Stuck as close to the shore as we could. Did the Mackinac Island thing, etc. Saw a ton of deer, so watch out for those critters. Have a great ride.

8. 2000classic

2000classic Active Member

Planning a ride in early Sept. down to central and eastern TN. for 5 days. Can't wait!!!

9. williamstringer

williamstringer Member

Love riding in the mountians. Took time off last week and rode the smokes, and the tail of the dragon which has 318 curves in 11 miles. Had a ball.

10. Riviera Reg

Riviera Reg Member

A mid summer ride along Going To The Sun Highway is great... Just leave yourself adequate time and plan for lots of tourists in cages, tour buses, etc. The raw mountain scenery is spectacular.

When you get to the Idaho - Washington border on Highway 2, you can also take Highway 20 (refered to as the North Cascade Loop) which also gets you to the Seattle area. Highway 20 is good, well maintained mountain roads all the way to the coast with limited traffic and biker friendly stops along the way, like Winthrop, Washington.

Have a great trip and ride safe!

Reg