free website stats program Where & why? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where & why?

This year looks like Michigan, and Memphis.
Michigan because it is a new event
Memphis because I aint been home in 35 years.
Favorite ride is the one I am about to take at any give time.

Exactly!!! The longer rides are fun to plan out and can be quite an adventure but I still mostly enjoy the simple pleasure of meeting someone for a half day ride or just going out for an hour or so when the busy home schedule allows it.

Leaving 17 July for Portland. Starting in Oceanside, CA (near Camp Pendleton). Going to get a Langlitz Leather jacket. First big trip for my wife on her 09 FLHX.

Going to get a Langlitz Leather jacket.

Are you going to pick one off the rack or be fitted for a custom?

I was given a custom Cascade that fits beautifully but would LOVE to have a fitted Columbia. I found a used pair of Westerns that fit great as well.

I think a vest is next on the list! :D

Already took it.

11 days from Chicago down rt. 66 to Santa Rosa, New Mexico. (with lots of detours along the way!!)

Turned north thru Colorado's Peak to Peak highway and continues north thru the mountains to Wheatland, WY. Spend 2 days in the South Dakota Black Hills before heading thru the plains back to Chicago.

13 states, 3900 miles and over 800 pictures. (I love digital)

Planning a long weekend around Lake Michigan with better half and friends. Next summer her and I will be taking 10 days to head thru the south-east.

People who don't ride don't know what they're missing.

My wife and I did a trip from Toronto to Nashville, Natchez Trace, New Orleans then return through Memphis. The Trace was awsome late May as there was little to no traffic southbound

Where? --- The wife & I are headed out this Wednesday AM the 8th and going to Rapid City S.Dakota. Taking the "fast way" up ---from home go to Columbia ,Mo. and go north on 63 to Macon,Mo., turn west onto 36 to St.Joseph,Mo, go N. on 29 all the way to Sioux Falls ,S.D. , catch I-90 across to Rapid City.(according to some of the web "maps" it's 755 miles from here to there!?) On the way back to home --- WHO KNOWS!!!???? Got some vacation time and don't have to be back until the 20th of this month to work!

Why? ---- Because we got some vacation time and we need it!

See ya out on the road maybe!!!

Once a year, Sturgis. Every Sunday that there's no snow or ice, the Full Moon restaurant in North Chicago, IL. .

jzink1200

We're laying out our route now. Up around Mt Hood then into Washington along the Columbia. Then Hwy 12 through Idaho and into Montana just south of Missoula. Then head south through some small towns I lived in yrs ago. We'll take some scenic routes over to Yellowstone. We'll spend a few days there looking around and maybe one day up the Beartooth hwy. Back across Idaho's scenic byways to Hells canyon and then more scenic routes west home.

Should be FUN! :D

Back