free website stats program What was your first street bike? | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first street bike?

A 160 Scrambler. Believe it was a '65 or '66. Thought at the time it was the fastest thing on 2 wheels. And I know I destroyed many Yankee ball cards on my schwinn stingray before I figured out the balloon trick that had a much mightier rumble.

A 1974 Honda CB550 Four. Burnt Orange bagger with matching faring. Complete with four speakers (two in the faring and one on each bag) and an 8-track in the left bag. Channel changer mounted on the battery cover. What memories...

I bought it from my brother in law in 1976 and sold it back to him in 1997. Many, many, happy miles on that thing...

Lemme see, it might have been my Comet minibike w/ the stout 3-1/2 HP Tecumseh power plant. I ran it through the alleys on streets avoiding the local fuzz. We did camp-outs in the woods and tooled around for nights and weekends. My first street ride with a license plate was a gold 1973 Yamaha 250 Enduro, and I think it set me back 250 bucks.

:D 1965 XLCH hardtail with a 12 over springer. It didn't kill me, but sure made me sore! Swear Iwould never own a sportster again!But I guess they have came along ways. It was a death trap, but I'm not afraid to ride anything now!

First ever Roadie was a 1976 Ducati 900 SS Desmo.
Wish it was still in my garage they are worth a small fortune now days.
I paid Aus $3200 for it, sold it 12 years later in 1998 for Aus $16,500
now I have seen them advertised for Aus $45,000 +

My first was a 1952 Simplex Servic Cycle. Only two things that it had in common with a HD is that it had 2 wheels and a belt drive. Got it in 1956 when I was 14. In Tennessee then you could get a license for a scooter or motorbike with 5 BHP or less. That was 52 years ago and I riden and owned just about every American and British motorcycle badge out there. Hey somebody oughta do a poll on "How Many Years Motorcycle Riding Experence" Mac2000HS

I purchased my first motorcycle in 1970 - a wrecked Honda CB 160 that I bought from a neighbor's son for $35. I saved money to get this bike running by skipping lunch and using my lunch money for parts to fix the bike, buy a helmet, register the bike and get insurance.

Back