free website stats program What was your first street bike? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first street bike?

Last I checked Topps Pete Rose rookie cards were worth between $500 to $550 and a 52 bowman Micky Mantle over 8000

My first road bike was a '71 Honda 175 scrambler. I rode it one time from Woodland WA to Seattle on the freeway (about 160 miles) and when I got home I couldn't open my fists, the vibration from that buzzy little single had made them go numb. First bike I ever rode was a 1950-something BSA Goldstar when I was just a wee one. I was riding on the tank in front of my uncle when he put it in a ditch and boy Grandma sure went after him with a broom over that.

I wonder how many Micky Mantle rookie cards were ruined by kids try to make their bikes sound like motorcycles.

Funny... bought a Jose Canseco rated rookie for $42 in 1990... anyone got a bicycle they would like to try it on?
:bigsmiley15:

A Yamaha 200 Twin electric [meant it had one of them new fangled gadgets, an electric start :p] ... had great fun on it though... mind you, are there 2 wheels you can't have fun on in one way or tuther? :laugh

atvvb
Bill

Wow! That goes back a few years! It was a 1979 Yamaha 750 triple, Midnight Special, last black bike I will ever own, with drive-shaft. I bought it used and road it for a couple of years.

:bigsmiley28:

My 1st "street bike" was a 1980 Honda CB400 Hawk. Great little bike! I 1st started riding on the street on a Yamaha 175 enduro.

My 1st "street bike" was a 1980 Honda CB400 Hawk. Great little bike! I 1st started riding on the street on a Yamaha 175 enduro.
Hey there Crazyfrog, I'm just a little east of you in the Lebanon area. Just want to say hey and if you see any hot air balloons over head, give us a wave.......(the other hobby that cuts into riding time)......

My first bike was a brand new HONDA CB360G that i bought in my last year of high school.

Rode it ,crashed it and even took it off-road when it got older and more battered.That bike taught me how to slide and how to jump.True story.:57:

Back