free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

I've read setup horror stories about this DTT. Google it and read the V-Twin Forum one, for example

I purchased the Thunder Max Auto Tune, priced the same bur fully automatic. No screwing around with the idle screw.

I went the route of IED and the SE Race Fueler, waste of time and money. Here is a picture of the plugs after setting up the R/F to run what I thought was very well.

I'll post a picture of the plugs when I get 150 miles on the Tmax A/T.

It is easy to install, the map for your specific set up is loaded for you.
install the unit, change the o2 sensors, load the soft ware, initialize plug the laptop in, start the engine, click auto IAC and the system sets itself.

Now ride and it auto tunes to your bike.

My bike never ran or sounded as good with or without the other gimmicks.

Al

What do you figure caused the carbon then if not the tuner?

They look like they could be too cold of a plug from what I can see. Why not try a set of stock plugs for the bike? Probably run even better.

Glider,

It is not a shadow.

Quote from Glider "Keep in mind when using one of these units that if you travel and have a break down, the downside is most dealers will not work on the bike with this unit installed."

Glider,
Why is it any different from all the others?

Let me be clear about the plugs, they are NOT carboned from running the Tmax.

"What do you figure caused the carbon then if not the tuner?

They look like they could be too cold of a plug from what I can see. Why not try a set of stock plugs for the bike? Probably run even better."

These plugs came out before The Tmax was installed, carboned when running with the SE Race Fueler

Read slower,

Al

They look like they could be too cold of a plug from what I can see. Why not try a set of stock plugs for the bike? Probably run even better."

These plugs came out before The Tmax was installed, carboned when running with the SE Race Fueler

Read slower,

Al

easy Al, it's easy to misread a post, I've never heard glider or anyone else talk down about the thundermax or any other unit for that matter. others on here, Like Glider, just believe there are less expensive alternatives. I wouldn't say that you wasted your money on the SE Race fueler either. Those just need a fair amount of dyno time to get tuned in. So if you had a problem with it I would say that the problem wasn't the R/F, it was the person who tuned it in. With the thundermax you don't have to rely on a person to dyno it in because of the autotune module. Don't get me wrong I have no regrets in my purchase of the T/M, but it is NOT a magic box that makes your bike run to perfection. The only thing it "auto tunes" is the AFR. everything else preset in the map for your application. If you want to fine tune your timing it still requires dyno time, it's just not necessary.

Read slower,

Al

Your previous post only said this...

Let me be clear about the plugs, they are NOT carboned from running the Tmax.

I asked why they were carboned up , you only mentioned what is posted directly above here and no more.
Then you posted this...
These plugs came out before The Tmax was installed, carboned when running with the SE Race Fueler.

That NOW explains why they were full of carbon and not before. I read slowly and still there was no mention in your previous post other than what you NOW posted to clarify it.
Perhaps if you would type slower and include all the facts we wouldn't have a misunderstanding.

When are these functions done?

Anyone,

When are these functions done and in what sequence?

Read “Learned Fuel Adjustments (CLP OFFSET)”

Write “Learned Fuel Adjustments (CLP OFFSET)”

Write “Learned Idle Control Adjustments (IAC)”

Read Module Maps and Settings

Will the Tmax continue to auto tune after any of these functions are performed?

Al

Thanks to Glider and the rest of HDTALKING FORUM Went to the TFI with Screraming Eagle Stage 1 Best uprgade I have made so far

Extremely satisfied

Ride Safe
BuffaloBILl

What pipes did you with. I thinking of the same combination.

I'll post a picture of the plugs when I get 150 miles on the Tmax A/T.

It is easy to install, the map for your specific set up is loaded for you.
install the unit, change the o2 sensors, load the soft ware, initialize plug the laptop in, start the engine, click auto IAC and the system sets itself.

Now ride and it auto tunes to your bike.

My bike never ran or sounded as good with or without the other gimmicks.

Al

OK Here's the plugs after174 miles(the left & center) with the Tmax auto tune...runs like a Swiss watch:)

The ones on the right, when the se race fueler was installed.. set to where it ran the best:reyes

Al

Attachments

• IMG_0644 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0644 (Medium).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0646 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0646 (Medium).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 76
  • SE Fueler Plugs (Medium).jpg
    SE Fueler Plugs (Medium).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 71
Looks to be running well. In the future when posting a pic of a plug, turn the plug so the ground strap is viewable (pointing down) so the heat range can be identified. :s

Just installed the V&H Fuelpak today and all seems well, I was not really looking for the best performance i could get but just to cure the lean running part more so but in return it did boost the power up a bit and my pipes arent turning red anymore. I did that calibrating the throttle is very important to make this thing work right. time will tell about the reliability.

Back