free website stats program What TUNER have you used? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

What TUNER have you used?

wow, I'm more confused than ever after reading all the posts, I have a 05wide glide, did the stage one, put on v&h big radius and d&m air filter, bike seems to run good, little popping when you let off the throttle, is it worth the money to do a tuner? will I see that much of a difference? which one should I buy?

wow, I'm more confused than ever after reading all the posts, I have a 05wide glide, did the stage one, put on v&h big radius and d&m air filter, bike seems to run good, little popping when you let off the throttle, is it worth the money to do a tuner? will I see that much of a difference? which one should I buy?

if you didn't install some kind of fuel tuner than you didn't do a stage 1. You just put on different pipes and an air cleaner. your bike will run a lot better if you add some fuel to it. If your ok with the way it's running now and you go with the TFI by doebeck you'll be really happy.:D

I had a SERT installed. (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) It was easiest to have done while the bike was at the dealer for the pipes and air filter. Plus they had a dyno there.

After doing some reserch I believe the tts master tuner is the best tuner out there. I talked to a tech at kuryakyn and that is the one they use on there builds. I talked with my service adviser at the dealer and the master tuner is what they have been useing on there builds also. The techs there have been training with mike roland from kuryakyn. The tech at kuryakyn said that if you have a lap-top you could hook it up, put it in a back pack, drive the bike and it will make its own custom map. I am going to have my dealer dyno mine with the master tune. This is the best way to achieve optimum performance. (this is my opinion)

After doing some reserch I believe the tts master tuner is the best tuner out there. I talked to a tech at kuryakyn and that is the one they use on there builds. I talked with my service adviser at the dealer and the master tuner is what they have been useing on there builds also. The techs there have been training with mike roland from kuryakyn. The tech at kuryakyn said that if you have a lap-top you could hook it up, put it in a back pack, drive the bike and it will make its own custom map. I am going to have my dealer dyno mine with the master tune. This is the best way to achieve optimum performance. (this is my opinion)

What TUNER have you used?
Let us know when you have "used" one.

Al

sorry! no more comment from me then. I just trying to get opinions.
I am going to have my dealer dyno mine with the master tune. This is the best way to achieve optimum performance. (this is my opinion)

Maybe I miss understood, sounds like your choice is master tune.

Al

There isn't a major improvement on a stock bike using any tuner but there's enough IMO to warrant it anyway. If your intentions aren't to go with cams etc. in the future, the PC III is a bit more than needed when you add the dyno cost to the unit.
If you were to go with a TFI, it can add the additional fuel needed without the need for a dyno tune and you can do the installation yourself. The PC III is a good addition with the numerous adjustments it has but for a street ridden bike, but it's a bit more than needed IMO and when you add up the costs, this is where the decision has to be made for a street ridden bike.

Thanks Glider. After reading most of your posts on the TFI, I clicked on the link you provided in one of your post and ordered one today. I talked to Estelle and she was very helpful. Also got a good discount for being a Vietnam Vet. Did have to prove to her that I was a Vet (email my DD214 to her).

All I am looking to do is add a big sucker breather (done), true duals (maybe), and different slip-ons. Maybe V&H ovals? Not sure which one yet. I do not want the bike much louder, just better flow and reduce exhaust heat. Not much of a chance to go to bike night to listen to other bikes, as I live in the boonies.

To reduce the heat do I need to put true duals and slip-on or just slip-ons?

To reduce the heat do I need to put true duals and slip-on or just slip-ons?

The true duals do take the heat away from your leg but they also loose a bit of TQ on the bottom end over the stock pipes. The slip ons will help with the flow and can help with the heat a bit too.

Back