free website stats program what do you wear for eye protection in rain | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what do you wear for eye protection in rain

Rain?? What's that? we haven't had any measurable rain here in Phoenix since probably February.

On the rare occasions I encounter rain, usually when riding in another state, I flip down the visor if I'm wearing one of my half helmets with a retractable shield, or just tough it out with my sunglasses on.

I bought a detachable faceshield and put it on for rainy weather. Stored in my tourpac just in case. If it's just a light intermittent rainfall, I may tough it out with my safety glasses.

I wear full face so no problem. Even on my bike with no windshield......I just turn my head to the side a little and the wind clears the shield.

I put my helmet in "full face" mode and keep the visor cracked open to keep it from fogging up in heavy rain.

Light rain I use the helmet in "3/4 mode" if it is warm enough out side.

I have a UC so the windshield and fairing make a big difference in how rain hits me.
I do the same thing. Keeping the full face cracked open also gives us a nice visor effect which keep the rain off of my prescription glasses that I would be wearing.

I have a Scorpion 1/2 helmet with a retractable shield and it does a nice job.

I like the fact that you said it had a retractable face shield. Great idea, and I'm glad you endorsed it. You got me intersted in it so I went to the web page of Scorpion and read the reviews. Most people liked it but some said abve 50mph there is wind buffeting. Also, they said make sure you get the exact size as they have tendency to run big. Do you find what they are saying to be true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice the rubber wiper on the thumb for clearing you glasses/shield.

Attachments

• Aerostich Gloves.jpg
    Aerostich Gloves.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 35
In my part of the world it seems to be not if it will rain but how much it will rain so i always wear a full face helmet with all the air vents open and lift the visor a wee bit if it starts to fog up

Brian

I use full face helmet like Brian, (since the beginning sport riding days in late 70's), but recently on the Sporty a 1/2 helmet with face shield...that way, even in a downpour I can just used my left gloved hand to wipe the shield clean...I can also lay it next to the rear cylinder on the Sporty to keep it warm and dry (well reasonably so). :laugh The H-D QR windscreen makes it even easier to ride in the wet. Ride Safe!

Back