free website stats program what do you wear for eye protection in rain | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

what do you wear for eye protection in rain

Usually just my regular Harley eye protection. They have foam inserts but I usually only use them if its windy so I can keep the dust and dirt out. Never had a problem with them in rain so far as fogging up.

I've been caught in some heavy downpours in southern Florida. My foam backed goggles, along with the windshield, have always worked well for me.

Like others...I always wear FF helmet so just slap down the shield in heavy rain & I'm good. In the past I also did the ski goggle over glasses deal, but FF helmet's much more convenient.

I keep a pair of clear wrap around safety glasses in my saddlebag for rain. Have found that face shield will tend to fog up in the heavy stuff, not a problem with the glasses.

I keep a pair of clear wrap around safety glasses in my saddlebag for rain. Have found that face shield will tend to fog up in the heavy stuff, not a problem with the glasses.
Hmmmm, that sounds like a pretty handy solution. I could go to the dollar store and pick up those clear plastic goggles and just keep them tucked away in my bag then if I get caught in the rain, give 'em a try. Although I had good luck with the ff helmet, truth is, I don't always keep it with me so if I get caught in the rain I'm up the creek. With your suggestion I would always have those goggles with me. Good idea!

I wear a pair of goggles that fit over my glasses and I found that they developed puddles in the bottom so I drilled a couple of small holes in the bottom to drain the water, works good.

A full face helmet I think is the best option. I use wax on the face shield the water just runs off at speed.

Back