free website stats program what do you wear for eye protection in rain | Harley Davidson Forums

what do you wear for eye protection in rain

bigbubba402

Ok on our trip last week we had one day that we rode in the rain,I like wearing my glass's that have the foam seal how ever the rain was still getting behind the seal.What does everyone else do that rides in the rain I ended up stopping and getting a windshield type thing for my 3/4 helmit that did work just curious as to what others do.

I put my helmet in "full face" mode and keep the visor cracked open to keep it from fogging up in heavy rain.

Light rain I use the helmet in "3/4 mode" if it is warm enough out side.

I have a UC so the windshield and fairing make a big difference in how rain hits me.

I have a Scorpion 1/2 helmet with a retractable shield and it does a nice job.

I wear a 3/4 helmet with a dark shield most of the time but I keep a clear one in the tour pack that I have coated with Rain X and that works great for me. When the rain suit goes on I change shields.

I have a pair of inexpensive goggles that fit over my glasses and snug to my face. I find the very fine mist that is sucked behind the fairing (and the inside of my glasses), is what causes most of my visibility problems. I have every "wind deflection" device that I know of on my Electra Glide, and may have increased the amount of fine mist behind the fairing due to vacuum effect.

I also use a pair of "over sized" goggles that fit over my glasses. When the weather looks threatening I throw on my clear sunglasses and put the goggles on as a last resort. They weren't that expensive and make quite a difference. I got them at the local HD dealership.

I've got a pair of Ski goggles that do a good job of keeping the mist out. I also replaced the clear shield with a yellow one that seems to make everything clearer in a heavy rain.

In my part of the world it seems to be not if it will rain but how much it will rain so i always wear a full face helmet with all the air vents open and lift the visor a wee bit if it starts to fog up

Brian

Back