free website stats program What Battery Tender? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Battery Tender?

I have a Battery Tender Plus and a Schumacher. I've been telling everyone that the Schumacher is half the cost of the Battery Tender and does more. Schumacher died this summer, 2 years old and warrenty just expired. Battery Tender is 3 years old and still working.

I picked up a Battery Tender Jr. yesterday at Sears for $17.97. It's an online sale but they will match the price in the store.

Another vote for the Schumacher. Have the battery tender and also a Schumacher battery charger and have only good things to say.

I have both the Wally World Schumacher which is 1.5 amps and the Battery Tender Juniors (3 of each) that I got on sale at Sears are only .75 amps. I use the Tender Jrs on my bikes and the Wally World Schumachers on my snow plow truck, tractor and UTV since those 3 have larger (and cheaper)batteries. Only problem I ever had was when I first used the Schumacher on my wifes bike, I had the switch set to 6 volt instead of 12 and it killed her battery. I had to use a 6 amp charger to restore the battery because the schumacher would only go to red when I hooked it up to the drained battery. After 12 hours the battery recovered and it is still working now, 2 years later. I honestly like the Tender Jrs better because they are simpler, no switches to have on wrong and the 3 different light sequences, red for charging, flashing red for 80% charged and green for fully charged and in maintenance mode lets me have peace of mind that it is working, almost done and completely charged.

Back