What Battery Tender?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by hdronpghpa, Aug 8, 2013.

1. hdronpghpa

hdronpghpa Member

What battery tender are you using and would you buy that one again? I have the hook up just not the tender. Sorry I have been asking a lot of questions but I figure better to ask...Thanks for the help I REALLY appreciate it.

2. DFHarley19

DFHarley19 Active Member

I am using Battery Tender® Junior on bikes during the winter. They are working well...

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I use the Schumacher brand from Wally World. Approx $19.00 and is 8 years old and working great....... Use mine when ever bike is parked during the 12 months.

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

+1 on the Schumacher, have had no problems with it.

5. fammdw

fammdw Member

+1... No issues.

6. hdronpghpa

hdronpghpa Member

Thank you all for the input, it is appreciated. Went to Auto Zone & Advanced this evening they want $43 for the Battery Tender JR when you can get it online for under $25. Saw that Schumaker was hesitant because of the low price but if it's working might have to pick one up tomorrow.

7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Tender Jr. is a great little unit and it's HD's tender in disguise (same company). I also recommend Sears...got mine for $20 on sale and it's got all the clips/connectors/parts to quick-connect the unit to a few different vehicle types (i.e. mowers, cycles, etc.). According to Jack - there's a Sears F&F sale this Sunday!!!

8. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

+1 Tender Jr, Jafrum usually has them for 19.95

9. Jennmarr

Jennmarr Junior Member

Looks like others here have had good luck with the Walmart versions, but my experience has not been the same. I had two different sized tenders, one for a motorcycle and one for my boat. They each cooked a battery. I now use Battery Tender brand only. The cheap ones are too expensive to use IMO.

10. Cuda

Cuda Member

I like the battery tender better. I have used the black plastic one from wallys etc and two of them quit putting out a charge but the light said all was good, so i think they burnt out the output transformer. anyway my battery tender going strong for 8 years.